1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Restitutions: "Let the Democratic Party pay..."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Jun 19, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yet the fruit of the those trees still bear fruit.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Would a Republican president declare war on the Bible Belt and launch an invasion on his most hardcore supporters?

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Must be all them conservatives in the DEEP SOUTH. Amirite?

[​IMG]

sugrlndkid likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Really? What about San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, NYC, San Francisco?

Almost all of the most attractive/thriving places in the USA are ran by democrats.

I don’t really like these arguments because each place is different, but if you want to post such a foolish picture then it is fair game.

You are better than that... put more thought into it.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are there any major US cities left that are considered conservative?

6. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Yeah, I’m going to have to disagree whole- heartedly with you on this one. He is not better than that. This is exactly the type of ish he posts on the regular.

biff17, Anticope, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

I thought I heard recently that Fort Worth was or is the last one. Democrats run pretty much every major city. For better or worse.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No need to even respond to this BS. The only people who fall for this stuff are President Dip$hit supporters who are immune to current facts and reality.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and DonnyMost like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

No, he's not.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol at West Virginia being northern. That’s completely on geographic areas concerning that vote.

An even bigger LOL to anyone that tries to warp their brain to say what this thread is trying to say.

Yeah spend your time doing that.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You want to argue history with the author of the tweet? Kevin Kruse is a professor of history at Princeton University, with a Masters and PHD in History from Cornell. He has written numerous books on American history and has a focus on southern United States.

http://kevinmkruse.com/about/#more-18

But getting to your question, Is West Virginia a northern state or a southern state. Depends who you ask (and Robert Byrd is quoted saying its "the most southern northern state and the most northern southern state."). While the state geographically seems to align with the south (Mason Dixon line), culturally the people in West Virginia align more with the northern states, especially people in the Appalachians. And the political power seems to be in the Wheeling and the northern countries where people align more with Ohio and Pennsylvania.

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2015/01/06/northern-west-virginia-vs-southern-west-virginia/
    https://wvexplorer.com/2014/05/08/west-virginia-northern-southern-2014/

The history of the state was that it was broken off from the confederate-supporting Virginia by Unionists:

6 Southern Unionist Strongholds During the Civil War
    https://www.history.com/news/6-unionist-strongholds-in-the-south-during-the-civil-war

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Someone should post a picture of tumbleweed Alabama/Mississippi/Georgia/Kentucky or any rural place in America in 1919, and then the same place in 2019.

Conservative policies --- keeping sh1tholes sh1tty since forever!

Seriously though, blaming the death of the Rustbelt on Democrats is about the porridge brained level of thinking I've come to expect.

Surely it can't be 1) the decline of coal 2) the rise of international markets and industries 3) the complete automation of manufacturing.

Nooooooo sir. It's gotta be them DUMB-ocrats AMIRITE?

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

impressive

Nook likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I guess we need to scrounge up some photos of a **** town in Kansas and show it as proof that after many decades Republicans are still trying to **** their cousins and dull the pain of their abysmal existence with meth. Derp.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Relax, this is the reaction he wants. Their whole purpose is to make liberals angry because that's all they have in their small little lives.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh I find it hilarious. We all know that if each state kept their own tax revenue that most if not all Confederate states would die on the vine. Liberals are the only reason most of those states aren't third world.

[​IMG]

#56 CometsWin, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Except for Boston, the weather is going to attract people to certain areas.

So let’s not act like LA and SF don’t have homeless crises. Snapcrap anyone?

And let’s not act like LA Unified isn’t a god awful school district.

We’ve also read stories from the NYTimes that NYC public schools are more segregated than those in Mississippi.

So, yeah, I think the hammer hit the nail on this one.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh... not really confederate states. States like Texas, Florida and others would do well. It is really rural states like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana that would fail. I am all for individual and unique culture and character in different regions and states but at some point that handful of states (5-7) needs to at least join the 19th century.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ouch man. I was saying in my post that I think WV as a southern state. And agreed with your post in general. Sorry for the confusion lol

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, my bad, sorry, I didn't mean to be so confrontational, especially on Friday (I try to post lighter stuff on Fridays).