1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Respecting the Black Mamba

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCAhmed, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

When guys got to 3rd all-time on other lists, was there this much fanfare about it? Or is it because he passed Jordan?

2. jlwee

jlwee Member

Jordan might be jerk to some of his teammates but he was smart enough not to throw certain players under the bus. That's why Jordan is always a winner because he knows the formula to win that is never run off a good teammate.

Whereas kobe on the other hand basically is just FAKE!
    Fake: trying to act tough and yelled at all his teammates during practice.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

And it took Kobe extra 200 games to just pass Jordan that's said a lot.

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ehh, Kobe is a damn good player.. but don't like him as a person. But like I always say, I will always respect someones game.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Wiggins: &quot;I witnessed greatness. A living legend passing Michael Jordan, who everyone thinks is the best of all time.&quot;</p>&mdash; KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/544333202144636929">December 15, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kobe hates everyone pretty much equally, if there was a comic book character that best fits Kobe it'd be Thanos.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what I said. Jordan wasn't even the leading scorer. What's the big deal about being third? And it's not like Kobe is better than Jordan as a scorer. It took him a ton of more games and shots to score the same amount of points.

8. i3artow i3aller

Freaky :eek:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JnB9bvud6IU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It amazes me that there is even a question of Kobe's greatness. Seriously, the 3rd all-time leading scorer and a 5-time champion? That's just as silly as denying Karl Malone's greatness b/c we hated him as Rockets fans.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Respect and greatness are not the same thing. It take more than greatness to be respected.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Inefficiently chucking the ball for 18 years and copying someone in a sociopathic way just to be on their "level" does not equal greatness,it equals crazy. Kobe is a sad individual who I doubt even has a best friend much less A friend. Can anyone name someone Kobe hangs out with in a non basketball related atmosphere? Jordan and Barkley were/are tight and genuinely enjoy hanging out with each other and I know Jordan is best friends with Amad Rashad. Kobe? In 18 years, I have never heard one mention of Kobe having a friend. He's got a wife who he cheated on and probably hates his guts for life and is getting paid to stick around. Not a friend. Kobe is a massive douchebag who is almost impossible to like... Which is why he fits so well in L.A.

12. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

This is the most idiotic post, I've seen in a while. If he was a franchise rocket player with 5 rings and the accolades that are coming along with his career. You would be singing a different tune.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah Kobe is confirmed to have no friends on his teams, he's always been a weird lone wolf individual, borderline autistic and is pretty much 100% into practicing basketball.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't think anyone ever said Kobe wasn't great. Some just don't think he is a top 5 player ever, the best of his generation, as good as Jordan, etc.

15. Throttle

Throttle Member

some of them shld try winning 5 rings first before saying anything...

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Three with Shaq.

Look, Kobe's a great player and all, but it's annoying to see this stupid Jordan comparison being brought up now just because he surpassed him in total points. At this point, the debate on who is the greatest player between Jordan and LeBron just does not involve Kobe anymore. It's either Duncan or Shaq, and Kobe's a full tier below either of those two guys. I don't know if I would even take over Kevin Garnett.

17. mingthething

mingthething Member

Uh oh... Bill Russell 'arguments' about 'winning rings' coming in 3,2,1

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol now enough with this living legend stuff.

Jordan retired after his championships and went on to Baseball.

Kobe played through injuries, never got away from the game, was blessed with good health mostly.

It is only natural that the guy that played the most games (highest mileage) would outscore Jordan.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

We all know KAJ is the greatest.

Kobe did have a trully iconic game to achieve this (7-20 FG and 2 assists).