1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Request] Anyone have a youtube clip of this year playoff intro?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CountyClerk, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Terri-bull.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Best Intro ever.

Its brilliant.

And no McGrady is the best part.

Well, maybe the glowing red Von Hawk.

3. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

jesus...this thread is FULL of win... love it :eek:

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Wondering what video this guy is referring to:

Jonathan,

It must have been exciting for you to present Deke with the award right before tipoff. Do you know if the NBA or Rockets are going to post the Amazing Video Tribute to Deke on their website?

(It was fun. I don't know what the Rockets plan to do with the video. -- Jonathan)

Was this video tribute shown in the arena ?? :eek:

5. dafranchise0309

It was one of those "Where Amazing Happens" videos but it showed Deke highlights and pictures. Then at the end it said where Dikembe Mutumbo Jhaeha Iasga Auajaj Oabgajbha (Said his real full name) HAPPENS

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

the Chicago Bulls did this already.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFZRrieLKMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFZRrieLKMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that's the current 2000s Bulls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ezfi7zwACc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ezfi7zwACc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the 90s and that other guy Bulls.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Alll Riiiiiight, Houston, ON YOUR FEET, and get Ready, for Your Houston Rockets!

- that was the best intro in ages

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It was ok. I liked the 2007 one better, with the 300 quotes.

9. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

That wasn't even close to as good as the Rockets Playoffs video. Those running cows look kinda corny.

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

As somone mentioned before, YOU really had to be there to get the full effect. They had flames on the court that were synchronized with the video and you know the LCD display that goes around the arena? Well they synchronized that with the video as well, and torwards the end of the video it felt as if there was a rocket swirling around the arena. It was the best intro I have ever seen. Watching it on YouTube doesn't do it justice. You have to be there to experience it.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2007 was the best imo. This one was, just ok. Nothing special.

That one still gets me pumped up. I just got goosebumps from it.

The new one doesn't pump me up at all.

I would like to see it in HD though instead. Anyone have the original source to put it in hd on youtube?

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

man look at that team and the team we have now (even without deke and tracy)

but yeah something about that one the whole 300/metallica thing had me pumped up.

at least for me it was bigger since i was there for that game i am sure the new video had a bigger effect on those who were there last night.

oh yeah but the intro with luther was classic...so apathetic

13. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I will say this...from a production value standpoint, the intros are freaking awesome. I would guess they were done by a studio in Houston called Vt2..formerly known as VT-TV. This is only a guess.

When I worked Rockets games back around 7-8 years ago, they did all the animations for the Rockets and I believe the Astros intros as well.
    I know they also do animations for other NBA teams.

Who ever produced these video did a helluva job. Props..big props!

14. bball1217

bball1217 Member

I was at the game and watching the video with the flames going up every now then behind the basket...it was AWESOME!

15. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I personally think this is a little lame and slow.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMf3p4k5SRY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMf3p4k5SRY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Really, was it new ? Any1 who has recorded this ?

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Was Tracy or Mutumbo in that huddle? Just wondering... I couldn't tell.

18. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Thanks. This is great.

19. potato head

potato head Member

fixed.

and man, i want this video too now.

20. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

sweetness... thanks for posting