1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Request] Anyone have a youtube clip of this year playoff intro?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CountyClerk, Apr 24, 2009.

1. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

that was pretty nasty! MY20 showed that intro before they started their coverage of the game last night, i was almost sure that was the intro for the starters, but yeah MY20 had that last night too. SICK VIDEO.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm a little let down. That was corny.

But seeing Dikembe as "gandalf" or whatever was absolutely perfect.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I loved that video!

4. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

[VIDEO]Rockets 2009 Playoff Intro

Locked if posted before

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UkWvgLJ1RR8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UkWvgLJ1RR8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. potato head

potato head Member

maybe it doesn't have the same effect from a youtube screen. but i think it's the best one i've seen in awhile.

6. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It was definitely much more awesome in person b/c of the added fire and fireworks to go with the video. Hands down, the best intro!

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

:eek: Wow I must say, the previous ones I have seen of 07 and 08 were NOTHING compared to this one. This one is crazy, definetly gets you pumped up for another game. Wish I lived in Houston, I would've gone to every home playoff game !!!

I especially loved Lowry's eyes lighting up, Battier with the hand in your face, Scola with his famous move and AB with his speed (though I do not get why they light his ass on fire haha :D) !! They should've made it even longer with Deke's finger wag playing a little longer and more Yao highlights :)

Thanks for uploading it, would love to get this in HD quality. Is any1 in here who has recorded games from My20 willing to sell it ? I love Rockets2k's uploaded games, they're really good quality but it would even better to have games in HD. ESPN coverage and NBA TV has sucked so far, hopefully Harlan and Doug can bring the realness back. They have always been good.

Also the in game video was really nice, thanks for all the uploads

P.S. Did any1 notice how they used footage from last year too :cool:

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

No McGrady. I like that...

10. dafranchise0309

I'm telling you seeing that in person was just amazing! With all the heat from the fireworks and fire we were all hyped and ready for the game

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i really liked what they did to von...with his mohawk and all...that was a sick video..

12. dafranchise0309

did you even bother searching the first page before posting this??

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Brian Cook is at the 1:10 mark.

And it definitely doesn't come through the same on YouTube as it did at the arena. When I saw it live last night, I thought it was the best one ever, but seeing it now...I think the 300 themed video from 2007 might have been better, although this year's is more impressive from an effects standpoint.

Maybe it was the popularity of the movie that made 2007's so good to me at the time...but I must say it still gets my blood flowing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPEblUMqhIA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPEblUMqhIA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And I think 2008 was lame.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzEAgmoPeG8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzEAgmoPeG8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#53 ClutchCityReturns, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  14. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

awesome, thank you R2k!

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well i'll be damned there he is

i guess my brain is tuned to just filter him out

i liked how Deke was like Gandalf

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ah I see, I actually saw this last night on My20. I thought it was something different. This an awesome intro though, kudos to the Rockets entertainment staff for this.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That was very cool. Thanks 2k and yoyo!

18. joesr

joesr Member

OMG that vid is brilliant and heart warming!

Brooks with his speedy fire and right sound effects and Artest damn shield was awesome. I love how they all seemed to be walking to Yao hen he raised his hands, beautiful.

19. Fatty FatBastard

Those are nice and all, but I wish they'd be closer to the Texans stuff. They are the best intro in sports, IMO.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z42CcNFkPjY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z42CcNFkPjY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. dafranchise0309

With all the heat from the fire it felt like I was in an IMAX with the other special effects