1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reputation Stairway System] Rudy T

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BamBam, Feb 24, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5-1jgNhopNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really don't understand why Horry/Drexler/Yao/Malone get a place in the rep stairway system and Rudy T doesn't. He's third in Rockets history behind Hakeem Olajuwon and Calvin Murphy in points scored and was part of the organization for over thirty years as a player/scout/Ass. Coach and Head Coach! He was our Head Coach during our championship years and is responsible for saying the quote that defines being a Rockets player and fan! He is IMHO Mr. Rocket and deserves to be giving a place of honor in our rep system! I'm hoping more of us feel the same way and he gets included in future changes in our rep stairway system .

Rudy T Quote...

[​IMG]

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

He works for the Lakers and apparently loves the Lakers organization.

I miss Rudy T being a part of the Rockets

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Did Les rip him off as well? Malone,Horry left to played somewhere else, yet we still consider them part of our Rockets legends. He belongs in our pantheon!

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Le$ treated him so badly that he'd rather be associated and known in the future as a Laker

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rudy T's departure is the saddest part of Rockets history.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not for me.

Rudy's departure certainly ranks high on my list of Rockets history when it comes to things that happened that made me angry and depressed (Rudy T getting pushed out sure as hell made me angry and depressed!), but trumping that are all the instances of the "i" word taking down our best players. If it wasn't the "i" word, it was an entire dynasty in the making taken down by not only that word, but the impact of the White Powder. God, what depressing thoughts.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Nope. Dream's choice of "Toronto" was worse. ^ :eek:

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dream going to Toronto was up there, probably #2 on my list. But Dream was still viewed as part of the Rockets even up till now. Rudy T was gone forever.

Deck, I hear you. To me, the "i" thing belongs to a different category. It is basketball related, winning and losing. Losing Rudy T and Dream, on the other hand, belongs to the human side of things. By the time those guys left, they had little impact to winning basketball. But it was extremely sad nonetheless.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GOOD POINT.

So... you don't think Rudy T will ever come back? :(

I hope he can. I think this here is a group he can coach to greatness.

I believe it was mostly MARIO ELLIE's tenacity that sparked the group. "I ain't never heard Dream talk no mess. [LOLs]" :grin:

10. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think that Rudy T has anything against the Rockets. He had an opportunity to be the head coach of the Lakers, and stuck around with the organization afterwards because he was still under contract. He is able to work the hours he wants and is not in a real stressful situation. Also his kids are grown, he enjoys living in LA and is well paid. In LA he is essentially left alone. He also has had serious health issues, and left some demons back in Houston.