1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican leader and 2016 frontrunner under FBI investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 20, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Michele Bachmann’s Scandal Could Be Turning Criminal As The FBI Is Now Investigating

While she continues to call for President Obama to be impeached, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is being investigated by the FBI for campaign finance violations.

According to the MinnPost, the FBI has joined the growing list of agencies that are investigating campaign violations associated with Bachmann’s 2012 presidential campaign, “Andy Parrish, former Bachmann chief of staff and one of the directors of Bachmann’s Iowa GOP presidential campaign, will be interviewed by the FBI, according to his attorney, John Gilmore. ‘I can confirm that Andy Parrish has been contacted by the FBI for a scheduled interview next week,” Gilmore said. ‘He will cooperate fully.’”

So far, the Office of Congressional Ethics, the FEC, and the Iowa state senate ethics committee, and a special prosecutor are investigating a series of potential violations that include possible improper payments to an Iowa state senator, using campaign resources to promote her book, the theft of an email list of Iowa homeschoolers, and money laundering.

The entry of the FBI signals that the investigation has expanded into a potential criminal probe of Bachmann’s 2012 presidential campaign. It is important to note that being investigated for a crime is not the same thing as being charged or convicted of a crime, but with Bachmann herself being the focus of other investigations the FBI will likely be taking a look at her role in the campaign’s decision making process.

link

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I may not like her policies at all...but I know MB fairly well, and she takes the separation between campaign and office EXTREMELY seriously, precisely because she knew that people would just be looking for something to take her down. It's difficult for me to imagine her being actually responsible for this.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I don't think this is enough to keep her off the 2016 ticket. The left wishes they could bury her with a scandal...

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

She is a very polarizing political figure. I doubt she would do well through a primary season.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think the right should be happy if this buries her.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think the left is pretty happy to have her out in front of anything.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I think I need a font for sarcasm.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think most on the right would be happy if this took her out as a serious candidate. She is a fringe candidate.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Front runner? That's a a stretch KC.

10. KingCheetah

She's a highly respected republican leader and one of the primary faces of the party -- you'll find few republicans as well qualified as she is running in 2016.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

There is absolutely no way Bachmann will run. She nearly lost her House seat in 2012 not because of her policies or the stuff she says, but because her challenger charged that Bachmann was running around prancing on national cameras and not dealing with the actual House work which was what she was elected to do. She has done a lot of work since the election to regain that trust( hence you don't see her on Fox News or pulling any stunts like she did with Huma), and breaking that promise and running again for President for 2016 is the complete opposite. She would absolutely lose her house seat then, and in essence be a nobody.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

In what universe was Bachmann considered a front runner for 2016?

13. KingCheetah

In universe 11111111111111111111111111.11111111111111111111111
    11111111111.11111111111113 -- we live in this universe.

14. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I believe that would be this one.....

[​IMG]