1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter expelled from public university 'Black Lives' event for not being of 'African descent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again. Why do people engage with Bobby as if he is anything other than a clown? In the thread on the Charleston church shooting he literally got to the point where he was calling the nine murdered churchgoers "modern day racists".

2 people like this.
  2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am pretty sure he's joking.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Irrational fear of the government tracking your kids is still crazy in my eyes and falls into the same category as the Jade Helm people....but we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

He was down there reporting on the social unrest since a 14 year old kid got pepper sprayed by the cops. None of the prior reports that I saw he posted were being nosey or trying to instigate things. Go read his reports if you don't believe me. I linked them earlier in the thread.

If a reporter sees a group holding a rally in a public place and someone giving a speech I don't think it is being nosey if he is trying to broadcast the speech. Why would anyone hold a rally and give a speech in a public place if they didn't want to get their message out? Am I crazy or something here?

Again I asked for resources that you could provide me with. The one you mentioned was heavily discredited by other reporters upon further investigation. I'm not being argumentative and I would sincerely like to read something that discusses the points you are bringing up. If anyone else would like to chime in then that would be great too.

I get the vibe that you've just decided on what you are believing and only sticking to that. Also, I get the feeling you've pegged me as a certain type of person who is only trying to critical. I'm completely open to changing my opinions as information is presented to me, but I'm not getting anything other than anecdotal evidence. I know the CIA has been involved in a ton of nefarious activities and I am asking if you have any well sourced resources that discuss the topics you've referenced.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Reporters get paid to be nosey because they have a lot of nosey people they can report to...Lol.. But like I said, they should hold their meetings at a private place so there won't be any issues.

I never gave you Webb as a source. I just said black folks were already saying that before he wrote his book... But of course you will find people who discredit him _ just like you will find people who discredit climate change.

But I just mentioned "contracted CIA planes with drugs" _ "the amount of drugs coming out of Afghanistan since the US invaded" _ just put it in your search engine and see what you come up with. Also search how Wachovia got busted laundering $380 billion in drug money and see how many people went to jail. You can even run a search on "CIA admits to drug trafficking cover up" as well. Also take a look at this documentary --->The Last White Hope https://youtu.be/4mcFg9LneKE _ and use your common sense and believe what you want to believe.

You get the vibe that I believe what I want to believe... And I get the vibe that you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in this country. Have you ever questioned why people get more time in jail for crack than for powder cocaine...?

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So you clicked the link and read thru his stories? They are pretty mundane. Again I don't understand how it is being nosey to try to broadcast a speech from a rally in public...but whatever. We will agree to disagree here as well.

I'm not trying to discredit people. I'm just trying to find where reality lies. Just because something goes against your belief doesn't mean I am simply trying to discredit things.

Sorry for assuming that you were saying Webb was a valid source.

I'll read more on that. It sounds interesting. After I finished All the Shah's Men (about the CIA's overthrow of the Iranian govt) I was meaning to read up more on the CIA overthrowing other governments around the world.

Yes I know the drug war, mandatory sentencing, our entire criminal justice system, etc have been complete failures. Yes I know the CIA has been involved in many illegal and immoral activities. The CIA and leaders of the US govt have often put themselves in bed with shady characters in order to achieve their political goals. That doesn't mean that every conspiracy theory attributed to CIA is fact. I was just asking for what evidence or studies or reports or whatever that you have seen that proved the point you were making. I have continued to search and everything I find says that it is basically an urban myth.

And no I haven't spent much time looking at the different sentences for crack versus cocaine but I'm guessing it goes back to the fact that one is thought to be much more addictive (or is often used by people who are more addictive personalities and in much more dire situations) than the other. Also people thought locking people in prison for drugs (and destroying their lives which were already broken down) was the correct solution to the drug problem. Meth which is largely a white male drug also carries heavy sentences for these same dumb reasons.

I don't think people should be subjected to long mandatory sentences for non violent drug crimes. Hell...the first girl I was in love with spiraled out of control due to her drug problems and punishment versus actually getting rehab and help. She is half Pakistani and half white in case you were wondering. I started a thread about it here many years ago after I saw she got life in prison for attempted capital murder in a police chase on 59. I don't even think she should be locked up for life....but that's me. Oh the memories....

1 person likes this.
  6. dback816

dback816 Member

So you support meetings with racial exclusions?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It seems that quite a few here do which is pretty sad.

8. Remii

Remii Member

How many stories did he report on KKK and other white supremacist meetings, or Asian meetings, Muslims, Latinos, etc...?

British Intelligence plays a role as well... Heck, America was probably involved because they were told to get involved.

Urban myth...??? We're not talking about big foot sightings dude. Watch the documentary I posted... It's even a DEA agent discussing it. Then study the history of drugs and start with the British and China opium wars and you will see opium played a big role in Britain gaining control of Hong Kong and work your way up to, Vietnam, the Iran Contra and Nicaragua, all the way up to Afghanistan... Governments being involved in the dope game is nothing new.

They handed out more time for crack because it was predominantly a "black man's" drug so they could use people like cattle for the money making prison system. The reasons you gave are just racist excuses (not calling you a racist though).

Sorry about your girl... Drug use issues are a medical/mental health issue and not a law enforcement issue. But it's all about the money. That's why your girl is locked up and the Wachovia bankers are walking around free.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He reported on crime around the Cleveland area because he is a crime reporter. I don't know what else you are looking for. Just go click on the link. I'll repost it for you.

http://connect.cleveland.com/user/bblackwell/posts.html

Spoiler for completely off topic stuff

We are getting amazingly off topic but it's great lol. The British didn't just play a role. They were the primary reason why the US got involved in Iran. Truman ignored their calls for intervention and war over oil rights, but Eisenhower decided to go along with the British and organize a coup against Mossadegh due to Cold War related fears that were promoted by the British.

Anyhow take some time and read All the Shahs Men. It is excellent and very well sourced.

The urban myth comment is specifically related to the comment you made about black people knowing about the stuff Webb discussed before he talked about it. There is nothing I can find that shows it to be reality and it only seems to be exaggerated.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/special/cia.html

I'll try to watch that documentary. I've watched small portions of it since you posted it. I didn't see anything in that documentary that specifically talked about the claims you made of the CIA being directly responsible for fueling the crack cocaine explosion in Cali. I'd really much rather spend time reading through a well sourced book or report or something more concrete. I'll just do the research on my own and see what turns up.

The bottom line is you see it one way and I see it another. There was also very flawed logic involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Sentencing_Act

I don't know what racist excuse reasons I gave. Is that the part you bolded? If that was it then I don't know what to say.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And to whoever gave me this rep

if you are using the history channel and nat geo as sources then you need to rethink your sources to put it nicely

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks more like a stringer than a reporter.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah probably something closer to that.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonblackwell

I was just trying to say his "reports" or whatever have been pretty bland and non-controversial.

I don't really even care that much. ;) It's amazing what the internet can get you to discuss for waaaay too ****ing long lol.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know anything about his reporting,

I'm jsut saying that blogger-stringer with an iphone is probably perceived & reacted too differently than camera person & reporter with a news van.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't have mattered, they were very clear that it was a "persons of African descent only" type public gathering, all others to the back of the bus.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Oh so he's a crime reporter... I guess it was crimes being committed and or crime scene tape there... Just the same they didn't want him there so they should have had their meeting elsewhere.

I'm looking for why people care that they were meeting and no one will answer that question...

This is clutchfans and it wouldn't be right if threads didn't get off topic...

You seem like you have knowledge of the middle-east... Before I respond to your post will you tell me why do they call Israel the Holy Land...?

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

A kid had just been pepper sprayed there, which the guy said he heard about and that is the reason he came down to that location. There was nothing left to see regarding the pepper spray incident, but he noticed a crowd complete with protest signs and went over to cover that. Seems like perfectly normal investigative behavior to me.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to have a better reason than that to be in the vicinity of a "people of African descent" public meeting if you aren't the correct race. The group made that clear.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Remii wants to talk about Jews

[​IMG]

19. amaru

amaru Member

Are you really comparing a state/federal organization to a twitter hashtag that has spread off line?

LOL :grin:

20. amaru

amaru Member

Your opinion is duly noted, however I don't need to document anything.

My family history will not change whether you believe me or not....though I'm not sure why you think I would lie about something as gruesome as that.