1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter expelled from public university 'Black Lives' event for not being of 'African descent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 2, 2015.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Let's keep in mind that #BlackLivesMatter "movement" is rather loose-knit and that the views of one or a handful of protesters don't necessarily represent the views of the whole.

Agreed, you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to compare them to the KKK lol

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow...I didn't know I'd have to spell this out (probably should have guessed that Barney style explanation would be required though), but when I'm talking about this specific organization in Cleveland called "Movement For Black Lives", I'm not talking about the twitter warriors who spread around the "#Blacklivesmatter" hashtag as a response to an incident where a man shot someone who attacked him in Florida and then got new life after an incident where a cop shot a criminal who attacked him in Missouri.

IMO both organizations are racially exclusive due to the idea of racial supremacy (both "us vs them" groups that view other races as predatory or otherwise undesirable) and as such they are the same in my eyes.

I hope with this explanation, you'll gain a greater understanding of the conversation.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually understand enough to know that it's just a conference. It is not a racial supremacy group lol. Actually, it's just a convening/assembly and not a group at all. It's basically an event. So it seems you need to understand the discussion more. "Movement for Black Lives" is not an organization. It is the name of an event for those people that hashtag Blacklivesmatter and protest about it etc etc.

The donations are to fund the event and pay for travel to the event. So I'm not even sure what you mean when you call it an organization. As if there is membership or a hierarchy to it.

But you know what? Anyone that thinks...

Is not even worth the time discussing this with you if you believe that.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Well your eyes have narrow peripheral vision because you fail to see that some black folks banding together is simply a defense mechanism. A reaction to actions that have been constantly perpetrated against them... Cause and effect.

The KKK and many other supremacist groups form out of sheer hate for people who didn't look like them, and or believe the same as them, and or to keep a minority group from passing them on the social ladder.

There is a difference... You just refuse to see it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure those in the KKK or other hate groups would argue the same. They came together as a defense mechanism, a reaction to actions that have been constantly perpetrated against them.....wasn't that kid that shot up the church not long ago saying something similar?

Anyway, I think we've spent enough time talking about that foolish little group of racists. Let's face it, #NoLivesMatter is a much more appealing hashtag.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, the imaginary 'Movement For Black Lives' organization has a long history of lynching and burning churches, don't you know that Remi?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, everyone needs goals....and I'm sure there would be people like you out there making excuses for them even then. All racist groups need apologists and apparently you feel comfortable in that role.

At least you sort of own it. Good for you.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

See this is where you once again fail to even understand why the #blacklivesmatters exist. (Ignoring 'Movement for Black Lives...it's the name for an event...) It's not to lynch white people, or intimidate them, or propagate an idea that black people are superior to white people... it actually has NOTHING to do with white people. Did you miss that in these protests that there are white people attending and joining in?

Again, this has NOTHING to do with white people. It has every thing to do with the criminal justice system and black people. Again, NOTHING to do with white people. This is not a movement against white people, there are white people are PART of the movement.

But hey, if you want to continue to believe that the KKK and this are the same thing...I mean that's just stupid. Not calling you stupid as I know little about you and try to refrain from personal thoughts...but that idea is stupid.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Technically we're all of African Descent.

[​IMG]

10. Remii

Remii Member

I won't speculate on how you are so sure about that... But you conveniently leave out the numerous terrorist acts committed by the KKK against people who done nothing to them and you (and others) have no problems with groups like that being allowed to exist, but you have a problem with some black folks kicking a white guy out of a group chat and consider both "organizations" equal... If you refuse to logically compare the two there's nothing else for me to discuss with you on that topic.

And I ask again... Why do you pay so much attention to black people...? And I notice the threads that are about black people are the ones you visit most.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Apparently so...

If true, you win...

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Please answer the question.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Eh maybe it is foolish but yeah I'm comparing the two. I think both sides are nuts. Do you really think I am being that foolish when I say someone is nuts if they think the Feds are creating files on their kids?

Also, the whole drug trade thing talked about in Dark Alliance is pretty much didn't really hold up when it was investigated further. The US Govt has certainly done some shady/evil things, but this one doesn't have much factual basis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...6b7560-53c9-11e4-809b-8cc0a295c773_story.html

14. dback816

dback816 Member

But the actions of some cops out of 100,000 means the whole system is corrupt :rolleyes:

15. ubigred

If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.

X

16. ubigred

Cameras have opened Pandora's Box.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... Whatever... Just keep in mind the same arguments were made by the Tea Party and even Occupy Wall Street. When you have a "movement", you will attract a wide variety of people, including radicals and extremists.

I personally have no opinion of blacklivesmatter#... I don't know enough about the group but at a minimum people are getting involved in their community. Just don't expect a lot of empathy when movements are often labeled by the actions of a minority of members.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a question that can be answered because it is based on a false assumption, that I visit "threads that are about black people" more than others. Since that assumption or assertion is false, it makes the question nonsensical.

Anyway, I can understand that some people would take exception to someone comparing a racist organization that they support to one that they don't....but that's really not my problem. You won't find many non-racist race-centric organizations, if any. That's just how it is.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, I expect people to label it as whatever. People opposed all civil rights group called them names and so on.

People usually do this because they are fine with the way things are and people speaking and demanding change frightens them. They are the same group of people that thought Apartheid was fine and the groups that rose to defeat it were also "Radical" and "Racist" then too...same for MLK.

But as this being a internet forum so I was responding. Trust me when I say I expect some people on these forums to hold the opinions they do. If a cop kills another black person next week and it hits the news you can bet no matter the facts the same people here will be defending the cop by all means and making sure to tell everyone that the black person probably deserved it any ways.

So yeah, it actually doesn't surprise me that someone thinks a white guy being excluded from a conference is the same thing as a black guy getting lynched.

1 person likes this.
  20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think you need to go ahead and document that claim if you're going to introduce it in an argument.