1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter asks Draymond Green if the floods had an impact on the game (UPDATE: Reporter fired)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Apr 24, 2016.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who is the reporter and who keeps giving him access?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reporter was trying to be funny or something - but it was in such bad taste to go there. So insensitive to the city and has nothing to do with the game.

I don't understand why this guy hasn't been fired from his job.

3. Cypress

Cypress Member

Ho Chen lol!

4. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Not sure if this is obvious to all, but the reporter stating that for the last 2 years, Warriors lost to the Rockets when there is a flood and they won against the Rockets when there was no flood. I think he is implying that when there is a flood in Houston, the Warriors will feel sorry for the Rockets and don't play as hard and thus lose and vice versa when there is no flood.

Still very tasteless question.

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Hate to break it to you but nowadays most NBA players come from "privileged" or at least middle class backgrounds.

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Here is the study I'm quoting from

nytimes

1 person likes this.
  7. CertifiedTroll

I do not understand. It sounds like the reporter barely spoke english. On top of that why does it matter if he asks if flooding changed the outcome?? I am thoroughly confused.

I have no idea how people are gathering that he was trying to say something classless. All that being said if Keith Jones was on the mic, he would talk about making his "choppa" rain on "dem boyz".

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

If Draymond were on the Rockets, every single one of you haters would love the guy because he plays the game hard and doesn't back down. Green is our Beverley.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No I wouldn't. Dude sucks. He can talk down all the reporters he wants, doesn't change anything. He is a POS.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Except for the fact that Green is useful as a basketball player.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I believe the Rockets might have drafted Green. Somebody check it out.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You mean the undersized chubby Power Forward with point guard skills??

Yeah, his name was Royce White....

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It's quite funny actually that they all came in the same draft 2012 draft.

Just look at who the Warriors got

Barnes - #7
    Ezeli - #30
    Draymond - #35

What about us?

Lamb - #12
    White - #16
    Jones - #18

14. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

You know what is sickening about this? Royce White is taken 16th. Yet Draymond Green is taken 35, 19 picks later. Crapshoot big time, but still.

15. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I agree, it's mostly a crapshoot. But this is once again a case of Daryl Morey knowing the right goal (going for a stretch playmaking 4), but not having the right process to make the right choice.

Royce White was all upside, bigger/faster, 1 year player

Draymond Green was not as much back then, smaller, 4 year player

To me a few interviews would have made the choice really clear. Why take on the crazy kid over the kid who was a 4 year player on a winning D1 team? They had pretty much identical stats in school.

But yeah, hindsight is 20/20, like you said, 34 teams passed on Green including the Dubs twice.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So diff interpretations about what he was possibly asking..yet people so sure it was in bad taste...lol.

So no one has bothered to ask the reporter what he was trying to ask? Just because he asked something similar in practice doesn't mean je was asking the same thing or that Draymond even understood that initial question. Maybe that's why he was asking again.

17. iamdesperado

iamdesperado Member

I was wondering about that too. You know he has Chinese accent. And I happened to be a Chinese too. So I went to sina weibo 新浪微博 site(equivalent to twitter in China) to look for the answer. It turns out he is a Chinese reporter works for a company called Teng Xun 腾讯. His name is Ren Lei 任磊. I hope he gets banned from reporting basketball in Houston.

18. yswang84

yswang84 New Member

Asians are very superstitious. The only logical reason behind is questioning is he felt since last year, Houston lost game 3 when it didnt rain/flood. But game 4 was the Memorial day flooding and GS lost. This year, they lost game 3 and it flooded monday. Game 4, there was no flooding and GS won.

Again, HILARIOUSLY stupid logic but as an Asian, this is probably what he was thinking which is STUPID. But then again, he could have been also looking for Draymond to say something like stupid about flooding or controversay

#79 yswang84, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  19. BackdoorHarden

Ho Chen is embarrassing himself again! He was the token reporter for Lin. Fired as soon as Lin was found useless

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its like those dumb reporters that asked Harden after a game winning shot..."but...tell us how its with like to play Jerry Lin!!"