1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reporter asks Draymond Green if the floods had an impact on the game (UPDATE: Reporter fired)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Apr 24, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nice reply from Draymond *but* I don't think the dumb reporter was trying to create controversy. I think he is just genuinely dumber than a bag of hammers.

2. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, I think he was just trying to come up with a "funny hook," but ended up with "tasteless."

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Who was the reporter?

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

as unbelievably annoying as green is on the court, he does give good post-game interviews. when he's actually calm and just talking.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Green pisses me off on the court when he's going against the Rockets, but he's really good at the game, I wish Houston could get a player like him... Also great response by him on the floods, a lot more important **** than basketball. The reporter was way off base.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

He's basically the Richard Sherman of the NBA. Well spoken, good interview

1 person likes this.
  7. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Great comparison.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pretty amazing that he can call a ref a f'n ***** and gets a pass, but now he's this great guy because he said this...

I think the reporter is just naive and doesn't understand he's doing anything wrong or annoying. Draymond thought it was a splash bros reference, but it sounded like he was just going to ask about coincidences and superstition.

9. i3artow i3aller

Nothing negative to say about the classy way in which Dray handled that situation. It's easy to hate the Warriors, but ******* do I respect them.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Golden State is filled with high IQ basketball players paired with a high IQ head coach...something the Rockets currently DONT have...

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Watched the Rockets-Warriors series last year on CCTV 5 (I was working in Shanghai at the time), and I swear the guy's voice sounds like the same one that conducted an awful post-game interview with Draymond last year...

Edit: Just to clarify, the interview was in English because Draymond obviously doesn't speak Chinese

12. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Their scared of a discrimination suit coming if they fire him.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm still confused as to how people know what the reporter was asking...is there a clairification somewhere? They lost last year during the flooding...lost again this year...so how does that equate to the reporter wanting Draymond to say they were raining down threes or something? Yes, they made their threes tonight..but the peak flooding was almost a week ago..

14. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Double-up respect level.

Sad to see how west is turning into dumbness-driven world where you can't call out or fire a dumb ass reporter anymore, so you wouldn't "hurt his feelings".

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe he was asking about the flood of sweat from DMo's Jersey which caused Curry to slip and injure his knee.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah that was a great response, respect!

17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I loved the way he handled that question

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, i'm not sure based on that if the reporter was trying to make that connection? English isn't even his first language so he may have been phrasing it wrong.

Still though, Green is pretty respectful in front of the press and says all the right things. If you didn't watch the game he just played in you'd think he was a stand up guy. Always complimenting the opponents and talking them up and what not. So I'm going to take his side on this if it's true the reporter keeps asking him the same question.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This. If he said the idiot tried to ask him the same question after practice, I'm inclined to believe he was trolling for a clickbait response. Dumbass reporter. His press credentials should be revoked ASAP.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that guy did suck. Seems to annoy the interviewees often.