1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report of Matt Jackson on WTN 99.7 Nashville

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Jun 27, 2001.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Matt Jackson, whom I think is very entertaining, went on a Nashville radio station tonight at about 11:05 and gave his insights into Houston sports. Anyway, he said that the two most likely picks at 13 are Radmanovich or Richard Jefferson out of Arizona. At 18 he thinks maybe Woods might be there. He said the one guy who would make him sick to his stomach is Brendan Haywood and I would have to agree. He is a useless pile of crap and we already have enough of that in Cato and Collier. He also thinks a likely scenario is trading #23 for 2 second rounders. He also said that with Marbury going to the Clips for #2 that New Jersey may be willing to trade #7 for multiple picks(i.e. 13 and 18). They would do this because they want a PG with their second pick and 7 is too high to take a Tinsley persay. This really isn't anything that hasn't been said on the Night Shift show 7-11 on 610 but it was interesting nonetheless to hear him on another station. Apparently, from what the Nashville host said, the show on 610 went live in Nashville at some point. So it appears that Matt and Jeremy are being noticed nationally. BTW, if you haven't heard Matt and Jeremy, it's the best sportstalk show out there.

------------------

2. Cliffnote

Cliffnote Member

i thought clutch banned u?

------------------

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

He unbanned him after SHAREEF WAS TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

I wish I could come up with a decent signature, but I can't. You'll just have to live with this one.

My Terrible Mock Draft

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

What? Clutch didn't ban me. I just don't post until the offseason. For whatever reason, I just don't get posting fever until around draft time or whenever the season starts up. Or OU-Texas weekend for that matter. Wait a minute? Maybe I did get banned but can't remember. To my knowledge I never got banned, I just got flamed by some UT fans when I criticized Chris Mihm and Gabe Muoneke.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SooneRockStro (edited June 27, 2001).]

5. Curly

Curly Member

And Mihm and Muoneke sure showed how dominating they can be this year! [​IMG]

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

YOu may be thinking of that Stromile Swift like moniker that came over from the Grizzlies board. That thread was hilarious.

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Well, not everyone can be an Eduardo Najera.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell I still think Mihm is Jon Koncak reincarnated.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Here's a refresher for those of you who missed it! Classic!

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001544.html

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

10. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Well, you know I had to make an appearance on this thread. I said from the beginning with everyone that I talked to that Mihm would not truly make it, but I believe much like Joe Kliene he will be in the league for 15 years. He should have stayed at Texas and gotten them to the Elite 8, then at least we could have said something good about him. I still believe that Muoneke would be a good NBA forward, someone just needs to give him a full year chance. Besides if he doesn't he does have a degree in Chemical Enginerring, so the guy isn't stupid and will make a good living.

------------------
    Houston Rockets...Unbeatable
    Akeem Olajuwon

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Actually, he probably would be drafted just as high based on the fact that he is a 7 ft center with some low post ability. He probably would have had a great senior season and been regarded very highly.

------------------

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

SooneRockStro- Mihm would not have been drafted #7 this year so it was a great move.

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater