1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Couple Seasons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LewLLOYD, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sura faints.

2. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I'm just curious because I've seen some people post about my joke post with taiwan vs. china. People in China do know we get a lot of stuff that says "Made in Taiwan?"

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

At the risk of alienating every (EDIT: Wow? Is Yao-Only-Fan actually bleeped out on here? AWESOME!) on the planet...
    Taiwan is part of China. Specifically, it is where the legitimate seat of government sits.

4. alecoool

alecoool Member

yeah right, keep stirring....

5. alecoool

alecoool Member

I have some stuff says made in Colorado, made in Hawaii...
    and there are plenty of products made in Hong Kong, made in Macao....

WTF are you trying to say?????

6. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

4 star fro this topic in this forum? no class at all!

7. dback816

dback816 Member

No, try again

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

EXACTLY !!!

While I can understand this stuff on Onion was supposedly to be satire and humorous.....but it is low class and cheap blow.

What made me more sad and angry is that I spent more than 30 minutes or so by uploading photos/images and translation etc. to create a thread about "The Rockets in Team Practice (March 28)", and there was not even 1 star on that thread. :rolleyes:

9. happy-b-ball

happy-b-ball Contributing Member

People need to educate themselves before making any unfounded assertion. A quality product means that it serves its customer with greater value than it cost them. In the case of products made in China, most of the time, you get what you paid for, or even better than you would expected for the prices you pay.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Pruyen, i love your contribution but forget the silly ratings. this thread was created and supported to make Chinese fans uncomfortable. to elicit exactly the response you're giving. move on, be bigger.

sometimes the battle just isn't worth the effort ... ;)

11. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i know that. i try to buy everything MIC. i'm just saying, the government should try better to check the products. there are too many small companies/distributors. very unorganized at the moment. i think in a few years, it'll get better.

12. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

didn't a couple of students from UW Madison start the Onion? not really from Milwaukee. we get free Onion every Tuesday i remember. i used to read Onion during classes. there was nothing better to do other than read the Onion. it makes the boring class more interesting. just don't laugh out loud in the middle of a class. :eek:

13. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I'm not trying to say anything. As I said I'm just curious to know how many Chinese people here know that a lot of products in the U.S. say "Made in Taiwan."

14. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

LOL!!!! :D

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

EXACTLY......

Let me tell you guys this story.

My Mom lives in the States. She loves watching all kinds of video TV series, particularly dubbed Japanese and Korean ones. I used to buy her alot of those in Hong Kong and China.

When I visited her 5 years ago, I bought in Wal-Mart the latest and newest DVD player from Panasonic which costed me close to US$ 400 as her birthday present.

But when I helped her to set up the DVD player there at her house, alot of the DVDs that I bought her could not be played on that new latest-in-technology Panasonic, due to region code restriction.

I had to return that player back to Wal-Mart and get my refund.

Then on our way back to her house, my Mom told me that she saw an ad from a nearby electronic retail outlet on the Chinatown....a no-name brand DVD player from Shenzhen, China, which her neighbor got.

We went over there to check that DVD player out....and we bought it for US$ 60.

And you know what??? My Mom had been using that DVD player now for 5 years, and had been able to watch any kind of DVDs I sent her.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Your world frightens and confuses me

17. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Metaphor alone does not a satire make. ;)

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

must be a Tracy post (somewhere) begging for your misinformation ...

19. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

LOL :D

20. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Please don't stop posting your wonderful quality threads.
    Trust DD, something is lost in translation.
    Check out http://www.theonion.com
    and maybe wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire.