1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Couple Seasons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LewLLOYD, Mar 28, 2008.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It's ok. There is a new clutchfans rule stating that the term "racist" has to be used at least once in every thread.

2. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

hm... maybe after installling a quality assurance type of thing, then it would get better. i don't think there is any checks there right now. it's just of anything goes phase. :)

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does anyone own a Haier TV?
    its the official HDTV of the NBA.

its not like Lebron or Tmac or even Deke own a Haier brand TV.

4. ibm

ibm Member

hmm, i am typing from my 24' imac, which is shipped directly to my house by ups from shanghai. cost me about 2 grant and works great. if they didn't have any qa in apple's workshops in shanghai, i'd be worried.

5. yuantian

i meant as a whole. i think larger companies have something like it. but overall, i don't think it's doing a good job. but oh well, most stuff are cheap enough, i can afford to buy another when it breaks.

6. yuantian

i was looking for one online. haven't seen one in the states. saw some in China. but they mostly make kitchen appliances. worth the money. if i can find one local, i would get it hehe.

7. ibm

ibm Member

you're making my point, really. :cool:

8. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Its not a satire on Chinese-made products, its a satire on chinese basketball players Yi and Yao, who are neither low quality, nor easily breakable. The article above is a satire replete with "intentionally grotesque logic" as explained below in this excerpt from Wikipedia.

--
    In 1729, Swift published A Modest Proposal For Preventing The Children Of Poor People In Ireland Being A Burden To Their Parents Or Country, And For Making Them Beneficial To The Public, a satire in which the narrator, with intentionally grotesque logic, recommends that Ireland's poor escape their poverty by selling their children as food to the rich: ”I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food...”

9. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

well everything isnt bad in china

10. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

The basket support in NBA is made in China.

There are different grades of the chinese products.
    The fact is there is market for the low grade products in US, so don't complain.

11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Thank you for the 6th grade english refresher. However, the poster you replied to was more correct than you are. Sorry, not every satire is analogous to what you read in middle school.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The company, China needs to stop and realize what's in the best longterm interest for the consumer and the company.Don't just slap a disclaimer on saying run it all you want,then give it back to us and we'll put more miles on it,but if something happens we're not responsible....It's you,the consumer.
    New warranties are needed.
    Of course when you want your prized widget back you are told in a pleasant voice that we'll be happy to send over however many new ones you want.We don't care......There's an endless supply.Just opening the doors of trade ya know!?We're all making money!!

And we're sorry if that widget becomes a FOOTnote in history for there are loftier goals.

#32 Plowman, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Glad to see you mastered 6th grade.
    Onward to your doctorate in clutchfan board trolling.

Speak now, troll. Explain the satire.
    Enlighten the board.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am suprised this thread isn't locked! :eek:

Classless...

15. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

lol pwned

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lead based Chinese basketball players are a clear and present danger to the children of U.S. Americans.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

I am still waiting for the day when Chinese companies actually know what six sigma means.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's just to make their bobbleheads more realistic.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

-----------..... that's the sound of that post going directly over your head.

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It is a satire on Chinese-made products and if you can't see it's because you are being deliberately obtuse. Look at the language the article uses, the players are described more as objects than as people. The reference to European players being more expensive is about expensive euro cars like Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin, etc. European players aren't more expensive, every player in the NBA is subject to the same pay scale (Max contracts, rookie contracts, veteran minimums etc). Yao and Yi are being used at a metaphor for "cheap Chinese products."