1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Couple Seasons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LewLLOYD, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

CaseyH, that Conan stuff made my day!!! :D :D :D

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why is this in the DD? This is satire.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cause certain clutchfans don't find satire funny.
    you know like the people of kyzahstan getting really mad at Borat.

4. girlnextdoor

girlnextdoor Member

5. roberta11

roberta11 Member

Tibet is an Autonomous Region. The full name of Tibet is Tibet Autonomous Region. All of the major local leaders are Tibetans instead of Han.

Look it up in your historic book. In Qing Dynasty, the central government stationed troops in Tibet. The succession of the Tibet governors, Banchan and Dalai, had to be approved by the Qing Emperor for their legitimacy. Do you call it in that case an independent country with independent sovereignty?

What’s the native Americans’ autonomy? Can you tell me how many “native Americans” were killed in the 16th Century when the white people took their land by force? They were forced to move to the reserves, the small patches of desolate land allowed for them. Will you give back and retreat from the land their ancestors occupied for thousands of years? The tibetans at least have all their land kept for themselves. It’s Tibetan ethnic who are administrating this area which is one eighth of the total territory of China. The returning process is not the process of a war. As the link of Tibet to the central government was weakened by the British invasion in late 19th century and the civil war in the other parts of China, in 1951, Dalai and Banchan negotiated with the newly established regime and signed a peaceful agreement to admit Tibet a part of China.

Where did you get your idea about the “fascism” implemented in Tibet? From those media who captioned Nepaulese as Chinese police? Those who captioned police saving a 14 year old Tibetan boy from mob’s sticks as police arresting innocent citizens? Look, almost half of the Chinese youth read English. We get our idea from both sides, both Chinese media and English media. We read yahoo and CNN as well as China Daily. How many of you read Chinese? Don’t you think we are more informed than you? Have you ever been to Tibet? Or do you have any friends or family members who have ever been to Tibet? One of my college professors worked there as a volunteer for 10 years. He also once worked in a college in the US for some years. His health was damaged by the extremely high altitude and thin air in Tibet. I think you can’t deny he is a good witness. He himself experienced terrorist attacks launched by Dalai’s followers in Tibet and felt himself really lucky to survive them. Those terrorists (I don’t think you call them peaceful protestors) blow up bombs in the bus, attack people walking on the street, and etc..

Which is a demonstration of fascism? A group of mob burning an eight month old baby in the cradle to death (as they did a few weeks ago), or police arresting them? You talked about slavery. Do you know Tibet was under slavery regime before 1951? Do you know Dalai Lama was the biggest slave owners then? Do you know his followers are using the traditional way slave owners used to penalize their slaves to burn those innocent people they found on the street to death?

Chinese minorities will constitute one of the largest countries in the world both in terms of the population and the land they occupies. China’s constitution prescribes that the cultures, languages customs and religious belief of minorities have to be respected. Any discrimination against minorities is severely forbidden. The minorities get more financial allocation from the central government. They enjoy the priority of entering colleges with lower academic scores. They are exempted from the one-child policy to encourage their population growth. What’s the segregation and human rights abuse?

Democracy and liberty is not an excuse for breaking up a country. As democratic as Canada is, the call for separate Quebec from Canada does not cease. Does that mean Canada is a fascist country and hasn’t given the citizens in Quebec enough human rights? And as free as Canada is, it stipulates in its Clarity Act that Quebec can’t unilaterally decide to separate from Canada.

Sorry I elaborate it too much. This is not something proper for posting here. It’s just I take Rockets fans as my friends and wish to have a friendly exchange with you. When I read yahoo news and CNN, I regretfully found they emphasized voice from only one side. I want you to hear some different voice.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaHyi3dyt4E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaHyi3dyt4E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6lUJ3qIUCQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6lUJ3qIUCQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. longhornchampno

Face it, Roberta. SamFisher will first call you a PLA and then he will link you to Nazi Germany. And if he fails to defeat you with his twisted logics in the debate, he will call you a whiny b**** and put you on ignore.

9. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

I am new to this whole DD section, and I already had the fortune of encountering his very same antic.

I posted an article by a renowned Tibetan scholar Barry Sauntman, this SamFisher immediately labeled him "Pro-CCP sympathizer", accused him of having "never been to Tibet", all without offering any kind of proof or legit argument. Just a one-liner hit, and off.

why? I can only guess maybe he didn't agree with what the article said, so he started shooting the messenger.

lol

10. roberta11

roberta11 Member

Thank you for your warning ;)

I do hope Chinese government will improve its way of working in many aspects. And I virtually agree with blathersby's comments that China should loosen its control on press. But the comment "fascist" is not at all a correct perception. I was surprised at some media being so prejudiced and giving their readers wrong ideas. They emphasize only what they want their readers to see and lead them to ignore facts on the other side. Would my dear fellow rockets fans bash me unreasonablly for such a peaceful debate?

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Did I click on the wrong thread?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

inaccurate, longhornshampoo - I don't have you on ignore, i read every single whine and b**** that you post.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yaoyi - I have a hard time keeping the Clutchfans PLA brigade straight, my enemies are now that many. Don't worry you will have your response my young friend. And let me tell you, it will be rather devastating. You may want to invest in some prozac to deal with the aftermath (the real kind, not the illegal chinese knockoff which consists of baby powder cut with horse tranqs).

14. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

lol

longhornchampno:
    Your prognostic is so right on! The patient is showing stage 1 of the symptom. Looks like someone's either run out of Prozac, or taking ineffective fake pills.

:D :D

15. longhornchampno

I read every single whine and b**** that you post too. After all, everyone is a whiny b**** here according to your own theory. But, as a frequent participant of the poo-fighting, you are a bigger whiny b**** than anyone else. :)

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

Sowee! Pass ten day wawahntee ha ha ha!

:p