1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Celtics working on deal to bring in DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by prodigy08, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

how on earth is avery bradley the kicker..

2. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Id take a 3 team deal in the mold of:
    J-Smoove & Tyreke Evans to HOU
    Cousins, Delfino, TDoug to ATL
    Lin, P-Pat, Aldrich + pick(s)/ATL filler to SAC.
    *Not sure if salaries work, but seems like it would be close*

PEOPLE...We HAVE a Center.
    Omer>Cousins IMO (for THIS team)
    Omer=Lighter shade of Deke

3. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

...Add #BeWell #LardAss #ThumbSucker in as the "kicker" to SAC so they can get a tax credit for employing someone with a disability or get him set up with a life coach.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rebounding generally is about your base (that's why people like Love and Barkley were elite at it), the learned skill is boxing out, from what I've seen of Cousins, he has tons of the former, but he still needs someone to discipline his technique (or maybe just discipline his entire game, lol).

5. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

That's a terrible trade for the Kings.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

There are two reasons Morey would jump on any chance to get Cousins: his talent and his youth.

He needs to get his head on straight and work on his offensive game to improve his fg% - but if he does he has the potential to be the best center in the game and a real difference maker. Pair him with Harden who is roughly his age and you could have the championship core for the next 10 years. And don't forget that he is really cheap for the next 2 years - so if we get him we should still have lots of capspace to round out this team.

But the Kings won't part with him - and I am not convinced that you can fix his head and his shooting. Still it would be really intriguing I'd we somehow get him and if McHale, Olajowon and our big man guru whose name I just forgot could get to work with him...

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think John Salmon is included. I still like Cousins and think he'll be a stud once he leaves Sactown.

10. arjun

arjun Member

I think Zach Lowe reported on twitter this morning....Cousins won't be a Celtic, and he won't be traded.

11. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

how about rockets go after cousins for 2pat, morris, douglas. and then we can start cousins at PF. this way we can play Jones / Motie a bit also. and see what they r made of.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The unsaid tidbit I got out of all of that was that the Kings are just as eager to dump Evans as they are Cousins. Chasing that many swingmen tells me they realize they have to rework their 2 and 3 spots in a bad way.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would trade asik for him. Maybe Cousins turns out to be a bust, but you have to swing for the fences some times.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I would do Patterson, Morris, Dmo, and Royce White for Garnett.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kmac and KG ... just need KLove

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm not totally disagreeing with that. I understand that rationale. What I'm attacking is the idea that trading for Cousins will improve the Rockets right now, because it won't. He's a net negative as a player given how he plays and right now, I'd frankly take Greg Smith.

No one in their right minds should trade for Cousins, they should trade for Cousins's potential. There's a difference, and I think it's one people need to understand when they discuss him leaving Sacramento.

18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I don't know how to parse for logical sense the following things:

1. The Celtics beating the Knicks in New York 102-96

2. ...Without Rajon Rondo.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Only if by potential, you mean ZBO-type of potential to get his s*** together. He surely has a ton of room to keep adding as a player, which is what people typically mean by potential. But if he gets his behavior straight and also cuts down on jumpers, that alone will put him at an all star level. And for him, those two often coincide, frustration leads to bad on the court sequences, dominant stretches follow bad stretches.
    He might fix it soon if he's on the right team, or it can take years or never happen.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Woah!! If Cousins were to get in with KG and the Celts, he would become the superstar center that he was meant to be. All that veteran leadership would definitely help him out. As a matter of fact, i would love for him to go there if not here.