1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Celtics working on deal to bring in DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by prodigy08, Jan 6, 2013.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Wow the Cs get a lot better with Cousins if this happens, feel bad for Courtney though but he has sucked it up this year for them but to have Cousins there with KG mentoring him wow thats scary.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
    DeMarcus Cousins is not going to the Celtics. Teams continue to be told that he's not available. That is all.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Amick has been wrong before too, I bet he becomes a Celtic this week.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Even if Cousins was available and rumor was true, Rockets can easily beat that Celtic offer.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jeff actually cant be traded till the 15th due to his contract i believe. So, if there IS a deal in place, it will haft to wait.

6. trowa2

trowa2 Member

byebye sully and fab melo

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

That awkward moment when Clutchfans doesn't think a young center with multiple 20 20 games is worth it

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Have you seen how bad the Kings are though? It would be an upgrade for Sacramento at nearly every position. We've all seen firsthand that Courtney Lee can be an average-to-good starting shooting guard, Jason Terry was the best wing player in the Finals two seasons ago, I kid you not, and Sullinger? Sullinger is one of the most polished big men in the last draft class. He would have been a top 5 pick but his value dropped like a rock over pre-draft concerns about his gimpy back--concerns which now seem to have been unwarranted. So you should probably just consider him at least a top 5 / top 10 prospect in the 2012 draft at this point when evaluating the deal.

That said, this source lacks credibility. I'll believe it when I see it. And even if I see it I still probably won't believe it. You know what? Final offer: Probably just not going to believe it regardless. ;)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How will he do that?

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

WOW, what a horrible, horrible offer.

11. CertifiedTroll

I can only imagine when you throw Cousins attitude in with KG and Hondo. Will make their games more interesting I suppose.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The only thing I find credible is the Celtics making that offer. No way the Kings were close to accepting it.

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Agreed.

This is "Pau Gasol not asking for a trade from the Lakers" shades of lol-you-have-no-power-here.

14. trowa2

trowa2 Member

rondo, cousins and kg. malice in the td garden?

15. QazQay

QazQay Member

Teams know that if they trade their players to the big market teams, they will be rewarded in the lottery.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I've seen how bad the Kings are. I wouldn't even know how to begin rebuilding them, but I would flatly refuse this package. Lee is a good role player and that's it. Tyreke and Thorton are questionable long-term pieces for the Kings, but they don't need another average shooting guard. Terry is fifty years old. Why on Earth would the Kings want him?

Sullinger and Bradley are nice pieces, but why add three guards when Sacramento already has a glut? And you have to commit to $53 more million between Lee, Green, and Terry after this year? Screw that.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Cousins need to first turn into Royce White before the Kings would take that bunch of crap from the Celtics.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Cousins would fit in better with the Celtics than the Rockets. Teaming up with respected vets like Garnett and Paul Pierce is what he needs.

19. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Me thinks the Kings let this offer leak to make "someone" up their package

1 person likes this.
  20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol, SAC already have a bunch of chuck first guards..and they are expected to take Jason Terry and that package for Cousins? No Way.