1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Bulls plan to trade Deng, use amnesty provision on Boozer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dobro1229, Jan 6, 2014.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Serious question ... If we ran with

Bev/Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Deng
    Howard

What would be the defensive alignment ?

Or would we start jones and bring one of deng or parsons off bench ?

Deng is 6'9 220lb

But he is known for guarding peremiter players (and is one of the best) not 4s

Parsons is the same height but 227. Could parsons deal with the likes of Randolph, Ibaka, griffin , Aldridge?

To me this move is great but I still think teams with dominat PF will have the upper hand.

2. Apache

Apache Member

I thought the Rockets wanted to trade Lin and his contract? The Bulls is offering you an a all star forward deng for Lin. pull the deal, mr.morey here is your chance.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Oh and we are .500 against teams with dominant pf

(From a quick glance)

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The way I see it.

If Deng can guard a 6'9" - 6'10" SF/PF 250lb.+ behemoth like LeBron, who basically plays the forward position when Shane isn't in, and do so astoundingly; I don't see why he wouldn't be able to man the position against other players of that size and strength routinely.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'd love to get deng.

i hate boozer... but he fills a need

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i can't believe people want Boozer...

Deng would be the guy. However, Jones is too effective for us to take a back seat in the line up now. I hate to say it, but Parsons would have to go. We could really use Deng's experience.

I'm not sure how we could make that happen though, without Deng just turning out to be a rental and losing Parsons for nothing.

7. arjun

arjun Member

deng would make us legit.

8. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

The Bulls are offering Deng for Lin? Source?

9. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Boozer in a Rockets Uniform... Yuck

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

boozer is terrible on D and a grand doucheā€¦..never

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Don't get me twisted. I'd prefer Deng but don't want his contract.

I also didn't brush up on the amnesty rules so getting Boozer is a no go anyway - however, if we would have been able to get him on the cheap, he would represent a solid move regardless of his questionable character.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Deng's expiring contract?

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not happening. Parsons makes this team go. We saw what happened when he was out a couple of games.

If we can't get him for Asik and maybe Lin, I don't see it happening. Jones is a possibility but I don't see that happening without an extension, and that would be sacrificing a lot of interior defense. Perhaps we could find another PF to bring back in the deal (Brandon Bass?) since it would inevitably be a three way (Chicago is unlikely to want Asik back IMO).

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Of course.

I don't know if the Lin fan circle is picking up on this.

The source that first floated this Lin-to-Chicago trade idea is questionable at best. In fact, one of the links that keeps getting "[CONTROL] + [V]'d" onto clutchfans is of a story that quotes clutchfans as the source of the rumor.

Not saying Lin would never go to Chicago, but the rumor in question basically involves fans here chasing their ass with both hands.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Parsons still starts and Deng becomes your Manu super sub. In likely many instances you run a Bev, Harden, Deng, Parsons, Howard lineup. Thibs has run Deng into the ground and a few less minutes would likely do him well at this stage in his career.

Both Parsons and Deng would get similar minutes.

This team lacks serious depth with Garcia playing poorly and the run and gun pace. Deng would be perfect.

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

strike two for my due diligence today

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Parsons makes this team "go" because he's the only person, other than Harden and Jones to an extent, who can actually put the ball on the floor and score (Brooks is too short/small). It's not because his name is Chandler Parsons. Deng offers similar talents and would replace that aspect of chandler's game, so we'd be ok.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No way they'd want Asik if blowing it up, buy maybe a 3 team trade sending expirings and picks to the bulls with Deng coming to Houston would work.

Also not against picking up Boozer. He's still a 15 and 8 guy.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe so. But do we really gain that much by trading Parsons for Deng and then either (a) losing him this offseason or (b) having to pay him a lot of money as opposed to the relatively small figure that we are paying Parsons (or will pay him if we let him hit RFA)?

I don't think replacing Parsons with Deng is something that makes us substantially better. Adding Deng to play with Parsons would, IMO.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In our team, Deng would likely become the backup 2/3/4, he can run backup lineups, whilst also likely finishing the game as the 4