1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Bulls plan to trade Deng, use amnesty provision on Boozer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dobro1229, Jan 6, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What are they doing? Rose is gone for sure.

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Yeahhhhh not looking good on that front either - Gar Foreman/John Paxson GM combo has butted heads with Thibs on multiple occasions over running players into the ground unnecessarily in garbage time, plus they've slacked on any contract extension negotiations. Unless Derrick speaks up, it might be time for a new direction in Chicago completely.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rose is already gone. Been gone for 2 seasons now.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It would be like the Cavaliers saying they had no interest in trading for Asik because Bynum was their longterm center of the future or something like that.

Saying they want to retain Deng just tells me that they are looking to maximize every tiny little asset they can get for him in return. Deng isn't going to resign at the dollar figure they are going to want to offer him, he has had a rough rocky relationship with the Bulls organization, and they know this. They are definitely trading Deng for something if they can get it.

A 3 team deal seems likely if Morey can get it done, but in that case you have to look at how much that 3rd team really loves Asik because that team could just as easily trade for Deng in most cases for the assets they have that the Bulls want. The Bobcats might very well be that team, but it will be a challenging 3 team deal for Morey to put together either way.

Id say the one thing about Deng is for the price Morey will probably have to pay to compensate both teams in the deal, he's going to have to think that Deng is someone they will want to re-sign again this Summer. That price might be too costly for Morey if he doesn't even think that he wants to bring Deng back this Summer at the contract he thinks he will get in free agency.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Honestly I would give up our 2014 first for Thibs. I like McHale but I just think that Thibs is one of my favorite coaches. Love his demeanor and obviously he did some great work here before.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Say goodbye to Harden's knees and Dwight's back. Thibs is a grindstone.

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Deng can come to Houston.

8. j3i

j3i Member

I only want Thibodeau back as a defensive coach... And he's not gonna take that step back.

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I wonder where Rose ends up when Chicago flushes the toilet on their current team.

10. Lovemachine2000

Boozer plays with no passion whatsoever, do not want. Deng is a good player, but we already have an equally excellent but younger and cheaper 3 in Parsons. Deng as a stretch 4? Please...

11. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Start Deng and bring Parsons off the bench. Deng is consistently better at playing defense and hitting the corner three. Parsons could be a creator for the bench, he can focus on defense, and we can use him to guard multiple positions based on match up. That's why I think Deng would be a good acquisition -- not to play the stretch four.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's the same thing we're doing with T-Jones.

They're actually both 6'9" Forwards that can play the 3 or the 4.... except Deng has better range. Shane Battier played as a stretch 4 when the Heat won their 2 championships, I don't see why a more athletic better scoring SF couldn't do the same that he did and some for our team.

13. YourSecretLover

I would love to have Thibs as our coach! Get it done Morey!

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I believe that

Howard
    Deng
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin or Bev would work well and contend.

15. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Deng would be huge upgrade over Parsons,he could easily deal with guys like KD/PG and Lebron and he can also score,we saw it last season.

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Bulls won't get into play-offs, would have couple %'s for 1st pick and will win. Marketing rules.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Parsons could play the stretch 4 as well. I think the bulls would bite on a three way trade of say: McCollum and Lin to Chicago, Lopez and Deng to Houston, Asik to Portland.

We get our wing depth and backup center, Portland fixes it's interior D, Chicago gets to tank and gets young talent.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I like the idea above but we don't want to do anything to help Portland.

19. Asian Sensation

Mchale, Asik and Lin for Thibs, Deng and Boozer. Make it happen.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Deng is the player we need the most.