1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Adidas ready to throw $180 million at Andrew Wiggins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-ready-to-throw-180-million-at-andrew-wiggins

Lebron got about 90 million I think coming out of highschool. He is probably going to make more money than guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Thats amazing lol

3. moose

moose Member

He doesn't even have to step on the court till he's set for life.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I was him I'd ask which company was ready to make the offer today, I'd sign it, then I'd sit out the year or play overseas. Regardless of which route I took, I'd hire a great personal trainer and chef and get into the best shape of my life. There's almost no reason for him to play for free that isn't idiotic if this report is true. If the contract is on the table he has nothing to lose by signing it, only by playing.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Imagin how much Kansas paid Wiggins to come in the first place

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i hate to say it, but if i was Ender.. i would sit out the season... thats way too much guarenteed money to risk injury for... Nerlens Noel says hi

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Imagine if Royce White got a contract like that out of school

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He deserves every penny of it, I mean , look what he's accomplished...:eek:...:rolleyes:

9. 523744

523744 Member

Doesn't matter what he has/has not accomplished. It's all about what Adidas projects as their additional cash flow due to his partnership with them. i.e Adidas will pay Wiggins $180 million over 10 years, but also might (hypothetically) bring in an additional $500 million over their 10 year sponsorship due to his likeness representing their brand.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

get ya paper booboo

11. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

This but i suspect that Addidas is not ready to pay $180Mil today but much less....The $180 is probably for when he's eligable. They probably have a lower number (maybe half; i don't know) for him turning pro today and going oversees. Viewership is higher in america for NCAA vs Euro ball. That factors into building his brand.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And even if he one day had more kids than Shawn Kemp, they'd be set, too.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

huh? Adidas isn't paying him 180 mil up front. They are paying him per year and it's a contract so he has to at least meet certain obligations, such as appearing in commercials etc. Also I'm sure that Wiggins needs to satisfy certain criteria in order to get all of the money, like making the all star team etc.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If I were him. I would accept right now. Make Nike and Addidas compete for him and just accept whoever offers the most at that moment.

Screw college at that point. That kind of money. :eek:

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

lifes not fair!!!

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i hope he's a bust.

17. FearTheBeardJH

I don't think he'll ever come close to Lebron or Durant. Maybe as good as Melo, but that's because he is great defensive prospect.

His basketball atleticism isn't that elite, he can jump really high, but his first step is nothing special. Would Blake Griffin be different player if he jumped 90% as high? I think he'll struggle to beat people off the dribble and same goes for his outside shot. Wouldn't be suprised if he never becomes better scorer than Deng/Iggy. Probably wouldn't take him no. 1.

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he goes to an adidas school so i wouldn't be surprised if he signed with adidas when he turns pro.

most players tend to stick with the company of the respective school in which they played. this may have something to do with the influence of world wide wes!

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why? he's a son of a former Rocket player who was wronged by the league.

20. cebunit

cebunit Member

Thats pretty harsh. Do you have any idea what it takes to get at his level?

Such a pos comment.