1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Renting My House out for the Superbowl?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Jan 24, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would only do this if it were my rental property.

My home? where I sleep? On my Bed?

I would feel violated.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's a definite risk, but it's easy money if you do your homework.

Remove or lock away all of your valuables, and like everyone else said, get a credit/background check and a big non-refundable deposit and you should be good to go.

Maybe stop and check in on them while they're there, etc.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

IN MY HOME! IN MY BEDROOM! Where my wife sleeps... and my children play with their toys.

[​IMG]

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Bottom line....I just don't think the risk and the stress/worry is worth the money. Not to mention, you don't have much time left. You may not be able to find anyone, make the proper arrangements and do the background checks in time.

Pugs

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

..they'd have to pay all of it up front..not just the deposit.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and I doubt some one's going to pay that much money anyway. they can always stay in a hotel more than 10 miles away and it will cost them a lot less money

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Yo, I got your deposit, you got room for my posse?
    [​IMG]

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I work for a restaurant, and our Addison location said that they've been talking to the hotels in the area to try and figure out how full they are so they can staff properly for Super Bowl week, and the hotels are saying that people are getting hotel rooms as far away as Waco and Austin because there's NOTHING available in DFW anymore...

So I could easily see some well-to-do Steeler or Packer fans being more than willing to shell out $1500 for the weekend.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Isn't it a little late to be getting into this? Unless you are offering a bargain deal or have renters already lined up, I don't see how you are going to find anyone to rent it? Who waits until less than two weeks to the big game to decide to rent a home for the Super Bowl? This market has been going on for months.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

10 miles? Unlikely. Everything in the greater DFW area must be booked by now. The same thinh happened in Houston. I thought about renting out my place and I was just a couple miles from the stadium. But, given the risk of having tenants and the trouble of prepping my house, I decided it wasn't worth it even if I could make over a grand for my trouble.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ THIS!

I leased my place to my cousin, who's family, but I would never do that again...and he's family!

I know its a quick buck but just price it accordingly. $1000k deposit, $1000 per night. Just be aware that you'll spend most of it repairing crap...IMHO...

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You must have a nice house.

14. Asian Sensation

This.

Do you really want random people sleeping on your bed and ****ting in your house?

15. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

How would you advertise this? Craigslist? I don't think I would be comfortable with it.

You would have to have limitations so they person who rents it out doesnt bring 30 people with them and trash your house.

16. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I've rented a bunch of houses on vrbo.com and homeaway.com . Usually much better than hotels for a group. And even on snowboarding trips when the wives didn't come, we've never done any serious damage. And most of my friends are a bunch of hooligans. Charge a big deposit and be sure to collect a cleaning fee too.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This... Usually a phat deposit deters any serious troublemaking. Whenever I went on big snowboard/ski trips and rented cabins, this is what we did.

Let's say you charge $1500, then the $1000 deposit is refunded upon inspection that everything is in good condition. I don't know about the whole credit check deal.. But obviously any agreement will have to be signed on paper.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your wife recommended that you have strange men sleep in your house?

[​IMG]

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Just rent out your lawn so they can pitch a tent there, be Jerry Jones...

20. AB423

AB423 Member

Just post it on craigslist and see if people would be interested, and btw, are orgy's allowed? :grin: