1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reminder] when Trump & Co. say "Soros", they mean "Jews"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would b
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said to you or you said to me.

I'd be willing to bet that he's called someone a "heeb" or a "kike" at several points over the years.

I'd tend to agree that classifying him as an antisemitic is probably a bit constrictive here. I get the feeling that he doesn't spend a whole lot of time thinking about anybody not named Donald Trump.

But by the same token, I have no doubt whatsoever that he would gladly drop antisemitic hints all over the place if he felt it was politically expedient - like to rally his alt-right support after Charlottesville.

2. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

Why? Because you have?

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's about exiting the base dude. Red meat stuff like Israel, abortion, saying that liberals want to riot and spark violence turns out the vote.

Most of politics especially in today's ultra partisan climate isn't about changing people's minds, it's about exiting people who already agree with you to go vote.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Especially that Soros guy.

dobro1229 likes this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's exactly it. :rolleyes:

If you want to turn around as comment like that, it helps to go will something that makes a little more sense than, "I know you are but what am i?"

You are a disappointment to your namesake.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The OP seems to be boderline antisemitism/excitingthebase

7. TheresTheDagger

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Yea, Sam went of the deep end once Trump was elected.

mick fry, Dark Rhino and John Oliver like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're thinking of this guy...

[​IMG]

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It is.... Adelson

Nook likes this.
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Trump is friends with some notable anti-semites:

[​IMG]

just out of curiosity, What anti-semitic legislation have republicans pushed? what anti-Isreal legislation have Trump or Republicans pushed?

cml750, John Oliver and mick fry like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

BUT STEPHEN MILLER AND JARED KUSHNER ARE JEWISH!

[​IMG]

Who ****ing cares? Some of Putin's oligarch cronies like Roman Abramovich are Jewish.

That doesn't mean that Putin doesn't regularly use centuries old anti-semitic hate myths and conspiracy theories (about...guess who, yes, George Soros) to his benefit.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. MystikArkitect

I’ll be honest, I’ve raised plenty of eyebrows at the notion that Trump and his administration are using dog whistles to pander to their white supremacist/Nazi base. It just seems like reaching.

But the Trump Jr shekels comment was so unbelievably brazen and out of place that I really am starting to believe it.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And Democrats are getting lectured about “civility”??

How many Trumpers here will speak up and say that this is bad and they hope the conspiracy theories about Soros and others don’t lead to violence? Anyone?

I specifically remember just about everyone on the left here condemning the Scalise shooting. Everyone on both sides should be doing their part in their daily lives to try and tamp down the hostility or the national temperature will continue to boil over into a dangerous environment.

The George Soros conspiracy theory is garbage and you all know it. Be a Trump fan all you want but allowing him and his cult to traffic in these theories enough to allow deranged dumb low life’s to use to carry out poltical terrorism is just as bad.

#54 dobro1229, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How shocking. Correct thread placement.

Yeah, don't hurt yourself waiting for Trumper condemnation.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This was you couple days ago

B-Hypocript

mick fry likes this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Republican politicians always condemn violence, can't say the same about Democrats who often encourage it

mick fry likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m not talking about the Jeff Flakes, or Susan Collins’ that tweet out mild rebukes every once in awhile.

I’m talking about people like you on the ground level who cannot do it yourself. Why was it the first thing you did when I asked you... not Jeff Flake.... to condemn this???.... you try to engage in whataboutism.

You proved my point on the first post. You wouldn’t dare. If you heard a George Soros conspiracy theory at work, or with a crazy family member would you correct them if they were worked up about it and obviously misled by right wing propaganda???

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Curious to know why my condemnation is so important to you but not elected officials. You probably heard what Hillary Clinton and Maxine Waters said about civility so I probably don't need to refresh your memories.

and if you really want to know how I feel, as soon as you use this to attack Trump or his supporters I'll immediately stop taking you seriously and use other past events to attack your side.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Probably because you regularly call people animals and think it's okay for the government to threaten people's families.

You're crazy, like legit crazy not just looney internet crazy.