1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reminder: The Warriors have never beaten us with Michael Beasley.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 14, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Beasley doesn't get minutes anymore because.... ?

**** JBB he is the biggest moron on the planet.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's going to be genuinely amazing watching what Kerr does to Bickerstaff. It will be a complete and utter embarrassment.

3. pass_to_Hakeem

I totally agree!!! We have DMo for this series along with Beasley. I think both guys will present matchup problems.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Would be something wouldn't it?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with playing Beasley against the Dubs is that he's just such a terrible defender and you already have to have Harden out there and you know Beverley is going to get on the court because JBB. Having 3 defensive liabilities on the court at the same time or maybe 4 if Terry is out there is just brutal against a such a good offense like the Warriors have.

I like the scoring punch that Beasley can sometimes bring off the bench, but I'd expect the Dubs to score at will while he's on the court.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

JB cannot play Jason Terry against Livingston it has to be KJ or Brewer. Also, he must use Beasley against Draymond, which will keep Draymond honest on D. JSmoove will not keep him honest and allow him to rebound and help with no consequences. D12 and Clint must recover to the paint quickly to rebound and block shots.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lots of people love my threads. i'm glad you like it! :cool:

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Livingston killed our bench last year. Our starters may be able to counter GS's punch, but we can't let their bench do their thing. To that end, JBB should allow KJ to guard Livingston when he comes in. KJ has the size and athleticism to guard a big guard like Livingston.

The above illustrate the forgotten little matchups that we can't afford to lose.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

a miracle if JBB uses him

I can see us win 2 games if we get hot and play well

a miracle upset only when GSW is playing sub par and nobody is hitting their shots (unlikely)

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just for fun we should play Beasley like 45 minutes one game and just run every shot through him. If he has a good shooting night he could set the playoff record for scoring and likely win the game too.

If nothing else it would be entertaining since we are likely to lose with whatever the **** type of system we are currently running.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We lack a lot of scoring & JBB will remind himself to still bench Beasley.

Beasley should easily get 30 minutes a night in this series.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets actually don't lack scoring, they lack defense, which is a reason to only play Beasley sparingly. He's about as good as a parking cone on defense.

13. eslate22

eslate22 Member

agreed.. but he will avg 15 FGA this series... you can book that

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Tied 19th with Minnesota in Field Goals Made.

Majority of the scoring comes from 1 guy who dribbles the ball for most of the shot clock to get himself a shot.

Beasley can create on his own. I think Beasley can create matchup problems off the bench.

Josh Smith and Brewer may bring more defense than Beasley but they won't be shutting anyone down on that team. We need our best scorers out there most of the game.

15. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I don't think we've beaten them with beasley either lol

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Wait, You're saying Beasley is gonna keep the likely DPOY honest on D? like the likely DPOY isn't already honest?

Beasley doesn't play because he sucks on defense, and he's a black hole on offense. and Green is gonna make him look worse than he did Lamarcus Aldridge.

17. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, I can't really see Beasley giving Green trouble on the offensive end.

And on the defensive end, Beasley's a disaster. Not what you want on one of the co-pilots of the Warriors' offense.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I know jb has had some interesting rotations, but I believe there actually IS a method in his madness. I don't know yet if he deserves a year at the helm, but I do know this series outcome will probably be the decider. I think jb has deliberately put the beasley/josh chess game with the purpose of getting both of them ready for minutes. And I think he saw if we got in, it would be of course GS. So I think he's trying to get ahead of the actual game time decisions, by having a feel for if either or both of them could be an answer to Draymond, etc. You know when Josh DOES go off, he gos off big. If that position can suddenly, even for afew games, be asource of a higher then average point dump then I say that is exactly why he has done this and it is exactly one of the key areas that we can find a strength vs the multiple weaknesses showing in other areas.

So GO ROCKETS ! Blow Up please Josh/Beasley !!!!!!!!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Terry needs to stay on the bench against GSW because he is a match up liability.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No different than Beasley....