1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reminder: Morey's "master plan" was paying max money to Parsons + Melo or Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Feb 21, 2015.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Bookmarking for multiple views

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

who has this troll account?

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wow. What a terrible thread!

You forgot to mention Dwight missing most of the season as well.

Down with Morri!!!

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shaem on u murray 4 not prediccing PE and otha inuries, what about u're analytics now????!!!! Worst GM ever, fire him immediately!!! :mad::mad::mad:

5. apatel123

apatel123 Member

I guess it's better to be lucky than good.. lucky that we didn't land parsons, bosh or Carmelo

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Obvious troll thread and it still got to three pages.
    Why exactly does that guy have thread starting privileges?

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He has been starting threads for years now.

It isn't his fault, he is just a bit slow.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The legit question is:
    Which would be a better team? The Rockets with Bosh or the Rockets with Lowry? (Health situations aside)

IMO, the two players are at about the same level in terms of talent and impact. So it comes down to fit and need.

Power Forward: At that time, we had two young PFs in Jones and Motiejunas. DMo didn't look promising. Jones looked good at times and not so good at another. But one could easily imagine him being a solid rotation guy.

Point Guard: We had two PGs in Beverley and Lin. Beverley was the darling of the team. (How did things turn around in a short time!) But I have always known that he was not a talented PG getting by with hustle and energy. Lin was what he was, a wildly inconsistent guy with flashes of brilliance and many more flashes of boneheadedness. And we should have thought about the need for another play maker beside Harden, which Beverley was clearly not one.

So both position needed upgrade. I'd say the PG situation was more urgent, especially considering Morey's intention of moving Lin. Not to mention Lowry would come with a lower price. To me, Morey's mistake was underrating the importance of PGs and overrating Beverley. And he probably believed that Bosh was the better player.

#48 Easy, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I should of always been a all out for Lowery..... Melo & Bosh... stupid stupid stupid!!!

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I guess you are joking, but all right.

Had Morey landed Bosh or Melo, we would've been considered favorites to win it all. Melo might've been a lot more motiated playing for a contender than for one of the worst teams in the league.

We didn't get Lowry - that sucks. That's because we prioritized Bosh over him. A lot of people believed we would get him - it got close. And it took an act of desperation from Miami to change his mind. Lowry didn't want to wait and that cost hm a lot of money. We don't even know if he were open to come back and play for McHale again.

I am also disappointed that we didn't get a missing piece this trade deadline. But we'Ve gotten Smith and Brewer basically for nothing. Plus we have lots of assets, picks and salary space left. I know that's not too popular on this board, but that's the only way to get a star or a real quality player.

Other teams mortgage their future for one unlikely shot. We don't. I know, that not everyone likes that. Morey is going for it all. And almost all of his moves show, that he knows what he is doing.

By the way, what has Hinkie done so far? I know, I also like what he is doing, but he has not much to show for it. Noel doesn't look like a star, we don't know what Embiid will look like after his injury. So far, that's still a team without a future. They need to luck out with their draft picks...

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

OP is :rolleyes: People do not get it.

12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

We could have built a super team this summer, but LeBron's ego was the biggest impediment. He wanted to hold his decision until his first decision anniversary.

If he would have just gone straight back to Cleveland, it isn't crazy that the Rockets could have ended up with Harden, Howard, Parsons, Bosh and Lowry. Take the option on Parsons and only have him count $984K. Make the Asik trade and we have the $12M to sign Lowry. Then you could trade Lin, the NOP pick, our 2015 1st, Knicks 2nd, Terrance Jones, Casspi NGC, Powell NGC, Canaan, Covington, and Daniels in a multi team S&T to get Bosh at the max.

Team of:
    PG: Lowry (Bev)
    SG: Harden (Johnson)
    SF: Parsons (???)
    PF: Bosh (DMo)
    C: Howard (DMo)

That was actually doable. Wow. A vet minimum guy or two and that is a super team. Just didn't work out. Good shot and try by Morey. However, at some point we have to go for it with what we have and not just hope and pray in the offseason because we can't dictate the market and decisions.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

has anyone said 'shut up' yet?

14. a711

a711 Member

Lowry hasn't played that well over the past couple of months. Ask any real raptors fan

15. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

This lol

16. a711

a711 Member

This really is an awful awful thread.

It's the type of thread that makes people wonder about this website.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Seriously. He coulda got a ton for Dwight after the Portland series and then we wouldn't be stuck with a hurt Dwight.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We shouldn't just fire Morey, he should be in jail. Bosh could have died. Morey should have alerted him and Bosh's doctors last year. What a dick.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

5 star thread

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I guess it is a good thing we didn't sign Bosh.