1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*REMINDER* If you're in a relationship, Valentine's Day is coming up fast!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketDonut, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Irony at its finest.

1 person likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

Would it too much for me to presume that everybody who posted in this thread is male? This is suppose to be a day for couples and yet all the pressure is on the guy to make this day more than your average day. Why is that?

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We get our day on 3/14.

If you don't know what that means, google it....

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's not pressure, it's protocol and shows character... and also because you're expected to be and I hope you are gentleman, mister stoner. :p

5. bongman

bongman Member

There are some expectations of what men are suppose to do during this day so to a certain degree, there is pressure. What is the protocol for women during valentines since it is suppose to be for both?

Not sure about character as you can see from most replies on this thread shows that men just want to get over this day with the minimum amount of effort or resources while the woman just stands idly by waiting/hoping for her man to do something special for their day.

Why does society expect men to be romantic when generally speaking, we don't look at romance the way women do and yet we are somehow trusted into this responsibility?

6. bongman

bongman Member

I have to admit, had to google it. Good thing for me, it's 3/14 for me everyday :p

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Your cholesterol must be through the roof!

1 person likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is actually a great idea- my wife is happy with flowers and loves steak. Done.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

For women: act like ladies. It is for both, but they will act like ladies on the street, but a freak on the bed... ;)
    Because we MEN are the ones who can show how smart we are to turn or chivalry and romantic attributes ANY day, but show a little more on this day. It is not a "responsibility." That's a different meaning. Our responsibility is to take care of the woman and then family as stronger gender because of our penis. ;)

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

A nice dinner is easily over $120+ at Chauma Gaucha, Brenners on the Bayou, or Fogo.

Lobster Tails are going for around $15 for two of them at HEB. The sake is for cooking only, and you can get a small bottle (350ml) at Specs for $6. Shrimp is cheap too.

and for me and my lady a nice bottle of wine isn't something that is over $50.

So yeah, irony at it's finest :rolleyes:

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

So what do you old married folks do on V-day?

I don't want to get flowers or anything. I'm down with cooking a nice dinner, wine and a movie.

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Getting older, Not married, but with my s.o.
    flowers to work on wednesday, dinner and dancing at south padre, get a room at the island, and continue celebrating.

13. Cranberry_Juice

Just give her the D. That's all she needs.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, I did a double-take. Not only not free, but I think already booked by now. Next year's Valentine's Day reminder should come out earlier; 25 days notice isn't enough to get reservations at a lot of places.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

we're just gonna do it.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

meh, who needs to wait for 3/14.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

> Doesn't define parameters in original post, yet lists seafood that is usually expensive

> Tries to explain, when doing so in his OP would have sufficed - then gets mad at someone who points out the irony

> Probably drives a Scion

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Any of you forever alone brehs ready for 2/15? All the Valentine candy goes on sale!

*softly weeps into pillow when no one is looking*

19. conquistador#11

i love valentine's day because I get discounted chocolate for myself the following days. same goes with easter, mm can't wait for those peeps.

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I'm not mad. Just thought maybe you should have said something along the lines of "aren't those items usually expensive?" and I could have clarified. That's cool though. Yes, I should have clarified initially.

lol @ the scion comment. I was just trying to be helpful. A lack of response to me would have sufficed.

#60 Scionxa, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015