1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*REMINDER* If you're in a relationship, Valentine's Day is coming up fast!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketDonut, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's easier to pay for **** than to do ****.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Easier to do **** than have to deal with crowded restaurants, unnecessary traffic, and having to dress up all nice. I see your point though.

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Don't spend a ton of money. I would just have her over and cook dinner if you can cook. Clean up your place, put on a decent shirt and buy a bottle of wine or 2. That should be more than enough if she is a cool chick.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Valentine's day is the greatest day of the year

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im still looking for a girl born on V day. get married to her on THAT day. and knock out 3 "special days" a year with one d**k slap to the face

1 person likes this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's a pretty cool site actually.

I was about to order some flowers but realized that it falls on a Saturday this year. Will just take her out or something although all the decent restaurants are probably booked.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good advice. Girls love it when you cook for them, even if it's nothing particularly difficult or special. Hell, even getting some take-out, renting a movie and having some champagne can work. Unless you're dealing with a real pyscho, valentine's in all doesn't have to be much, just be a little romantic, kind and somewhat thoughtful. It doesn't have to be the usual trite things like chocolate, flowers and dinner out somewhere.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

right you are single because one day out of the year you don't want to buy some flowers or take a girl you love out for a nice dinner.

9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Look...a guy posted about getting ready for Valentine's day TWENTY-FIVE days in advance on a sports website. If that doesn't deserve criticism, I don't know what does.

Valentine's Day is just the tip of the BS iceberg, by the way.

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I am actually on my way out of a relationship. Just in time it looks like.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If a genuine 10/10 wants to be your gf and bang you daily, you'd decline because you don't like buying flowers for VDay?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't like it either, but doing something nice on 2/14 is the only way you will get something in return on 3/14...........................................

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's your attitude, for sure... and your reasoning.

You said "... keeps me perpetually single", sir... that to me would seem like bad reasoning, logically.

Just 'cuz you hate a certain player on the opposite team the Rockets play doesn't mean you won't watch that game, does it? One day... one day a year makes you stay single? LOLs. :grin:

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Very true. I love it when my girl bakes me a pie that day.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Well we know who doesnt have to worry about this. #seclusion

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

meh, people start buying xmas presents for everyone in November too

I can see how everyone the trend that everyone is EXPECTED to do something on this day deserves criticism, but I'm not going to complain about doing something sweet to make a loved one really happy.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It falls on a Saturday this year, so no need to buy something online to get delivered to her work.

Probably do something special at home.

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Serious reply here. I wouldn't do anything too expensive or fancy as far as getting her a gift. Put in some effort so she knows you at least put some thought into the day/her but don't go overboard either. Flowers/chocolates and a reasonably priced dinner somewhere should suffice IMO.

19. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This happened to me last year. We were a month in, but I just got her flowers, chocolate and cooked dinner for her. Worked out super well. I actually snuck the flowers/card/candy into her car when I was on my way out for work early that morning. She liked that a lot.

The problem was she bought me a $100 watch (which I didnt like and never have worn to this day). I felt kinda bad.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, like others have said, you don't want to go all-out just yet. Little too early for that. You don't want to scare her off.

Since it's a Saturday, I say invite her over to your place. Cook a nice meal for her and have some wine, etc. Chicks LOVE it when you cook for them, even if you're not that great at it. Hell, sometimes they love it even more if you're not good at it. They think it's cute that you're trying so hard and really appreciate the effort.

After that, maybe serenade her with some Coltrane. Giant Steps perhaps.

[​IMG]