1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember when Sundays were dedicated to the NBA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by chandlerbang21, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Remember when Sundays were dedicated to God and church? I remember. So does Based God. It is no coincidence our team is struggling this year due to our sins.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Prayers sent

3. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I had the same complaint about JVG for years. It was like he treated games like some dumb sports talk radio show, just talking about whatever happened that week over the course of a game he was supposed to be calling. Save that stuff for Twitter, or your other 192 radio appearances that you have that week.

Over the last two seasons, though, I think he's gotten way, way better at staying on the topic at hand. And it's not just because the Thunder/W's game was so compelling.

This is good, because the dude's got a giant basketball brain and he can still teach us things.

4. conquistador#11

i remember how every time we had an nbc game, the broadcast would cross promote the fresh prince of bel-air with our own robert horry.

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Stop bringing back those memories. :(:(:(

6. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I was wondering about that. usually shortly after football ended we would get basketball all day. I thought it hadn't started up yet...

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Never heard about league pass?

What kind of era you are living at?

8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

When did Nbc have regular season Sunday double or triple headers? In the playoffs i remember some in the early 90s I think but never during the regular season.

As long as Abc has had the NBA again (2003-present), they have usually had a 12pm game, and then a 230 pm game on Sunday's starting the week before the super bowl. Exceptions are on super bowl Sunday, the oscars and march Madness Sunday's. Now it's the Saturday night game and one Sunday afternoon game except for like last Sunday when it was Oscar Sunday when ABC usually punts on NBA coverage.

I'm okay with ABCs coverage.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't remember triple headers in the regular season. There would be 3:00 PM EST and a 5:30 PM EST (prime time game) on some Sundays, other Sundays it would be 3:00 PM EST by itself or 5:30 game by itself. Every blue moon, you would have a Saturday night game, if it was marquee matchup, like the Lakers vs. Bulls, Bulls vs. Knicks, Suns vs. Jazz.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

ESPN just has contracts to broadcast too much basketball and it probably ****s with that ratings. They try to do something to draw people to watch and it really doesn't work. I always heard Saturday night was the least watched night of the week, but they put their most expensive product on that night when it will receive the lowest ratings. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

11. chandlerbang21

Pleaae stop .... the feels man:(

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sunday should be for OUR LORD AND SAVIOR! May God forgive those who think otherwise!

[​IMG]

13. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

What happen to those days?!!