1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Remember the time when TJones was a trade nobrainer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have said keep both TJo and DMo...glad Morey and I agree on that.

DD

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

When might that be, Game 4 of the 2nd Round, already up 3-No? :cool:

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very likely, the Clippers are going to run the best rebounding center in the NBA and a 7'1 PF and the only healthy center we have on the roster is Joey Dorsey. Unless Howard magically returns, we have almost no chance of winning that game so this board will melt down.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, but he let the rookie go to work on him a lot more than he should have. The kid didn't have 10 points or 10 rebounds total in his career before tonight.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Clutchfans would be a lot more boring if it wasn't the drastic overreaction after every game...and draft....and trade deadline

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When we win against the Clippers the GARM is going to EXPLODE.

7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The people who wanted him gone were no-brainers.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is not the first time we seen no namers or rookies have decent games. Last season Harden was getting abused by those type of players all the time.

It happens Bobbythegreat

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, it happens, but I worry about what will happen when we go against a team with a competent PF and a good C. Without Howard, we'll have no chance.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I hear ya but that's to be said about all of our PF's. Josh, DMo and Jones needs to step their games up against elite PF'S. Or they could contour them with a collective effort. Three head monster like.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's had basketblueballs for half a season. He's wound up, so he may slow down, once he settles in.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to going up against elite PF's, the only one I worry about is Jones. The other two are very good defensive players....now when it comes to playing out of position, I worry about DMo going up against any halfway decent center because that's always going to be brutal.

When you get DMo up agianst a good center, it's a terrible matchup favoring the other team, if you also have Jones up against a competent PF you have 2 major mismatches that are against us.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

CF: Kings of the Knee Jerk

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmo and Smith gets ate up by LMA, Randolph and Blake just like Jones. Oh and neither one of them can stop a healthy Anthony Davis either big timer.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both DMo and Smith are better defenders than Jones. It's not close. Anyway, I'm sure you know that and wouldn't dispute it. I dunno if they'd stop the elite guys, but they'd have a MUCH better chance at it than Jones would.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I disagree with you on this one Bobbythegreat.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anyone think we should just try going full r****d big with this lineup?

1: Harden
    2: Ariza
    3: T-Jones
    4: Smith
    5: Howard/D-Mo

Would be so slow, but hilarious packing the paint.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL how? In no way is that a controversial statement, I might as well have said that James Harden is a better scorer than Patrick Beverley.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

We've seen this before with TJones already.

TJones has good production and box score numbers against lesser teams and lesser pfs

Its against GOOD teams with GOOD pfs that Jones comes up lacking.

Can count on Jones against Suns level teams and below. Jones is a question mark against Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, etc.

Whats encouraging is that Jones is back healthy and contributing again past his injury

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Jones has to play like this every game. His game has to be all energy and attacking the boards and rim. His offense isn't refined enough and he still gets lost on defense, but if he can provide some rim protection and a solid pick and roll/clean up guy then he is invaluable to this team with Dwight out.

DMo has to be a better rebounder. 3 rebounds is no acceptable. And he has to be more careful with the ball, hold on to it tighter.