1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

remaining free agents to target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 13, 2014.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

We just need a band aid at PF and PG/wing to get through this season.

I'm open to PFs like Blatche or a defensive oriented big and a pass first PG wing type off the bench; we'll need playmakers on the bench without both Lin and Parsons in rotation imo.

If he can defend that would be great but you get what you pay for. A veteran who shows up in the playoffs should at least help the void temporarily.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Wow you're right, Bargnani actually is an expiring. At a price that high, New York would probably even give us a pick or two to take him, just like Lin. I haven't watched him play recently, but he should be ok right? He's only 28yrs old.

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Can you imagine the small lineup with....Howard, Ariza, Stephenson, Harden, Bev? Morey always says, you collect talent regardless of need. So even if he cant start he's that first player off the bench. And he brings that energy into the game. Who knows....McHale might be able to control him better

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes is still a good enough option, a smart defender and passer. Don't want to play him 30 mpg, but considering available options and the constraints of being "short term," he is not bad.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. The way we sell this is that McHale lets you do whatever you want. Lance, unleash the psychopath within you! We might see him elevate to become a god when he unleashes his full power! Do not tame the wild beast!

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Lol, I agree actually.

It depends if we could get him at a reasonable contract and he'd be willing to come off the bench at times for matchups (not likely imo). If he would, I'd take Lance in a heartbeat.

A true defensive Artest type with competitive passion and toughness in the playoffs would be great over here.

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

You guys couldn't deal with Harden dribbling the ball too much, now Stephenson's name is being thrown around?

A message board in denial, throw **** at a wall.

8. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Another prospect to throw in the mix since he wasn't mentioned by the OP:

Al-Farouq Aminu - Specialty 3/4 swing player. D and boards. Can't really shoot to save his life though. He's intriguing because everyone not named Howard in our front court is D-ficient.

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I under stand people's concerns about his offense, but consider this. We lost our two best passers and play-makers after Harden in losing both Lin and Parsons.

Lance would provide passing and play-making ability when Harden goes out or with our second string, as well as provide perimeter defense and energy. Again, I don't think he'll take that role and likely gets overpaid this summer, but if he's available under good conditions I'd take him.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Every team has flat out ignored him.
    We can swoop in for the kill!

11. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

I heard he was turning down 10M/ year offers?

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

lets just get all the 2 way players we can. need defense this year. we got enough fire power.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yi Jianlian hes the azn dirk

LMAO

1 person likes this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

exactly.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I definitely want Mike Miller.

Not really sure who we could get at backup C... Maybe have to get that thru a trade.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I'm glad 90% of guys on this board and in this thread are not GMs. Blatche, Okafor, Chuck Hayes again???!?

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What are your suggestions?

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

Brooks and Okafor please.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Any idea what kind of contract Okafor is looking for? He would be a nice backup to have. For some reason I thought he was much older, but I guess he is only 30.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What does everyone think about Evan Turner if it were possible for $2m per season for 2 years (maybe a team option on second year if we have no competition for his signature)? Shot well from left corner 3 last season. Can handle the ball. Barely above average scorer. Decent rebounder. Seems to have an attitude problem and his defense is not noticeable. But for that price, I think he could give us some nice depth at the 3. I feel like he may be realizing right about now - being offered nothing by anyone - that he needs an attitude adjustment to become something in the league.

I really want Okafor. His stats look great the last few years he played. Efficient, strong rebounder, smart guy, and has more range on his J than Howard and Asik - making him a decent candidate to spend some time at PF against bigger PF's. I wonder how much he would cost.

We should also make a move for Jameer Nelson for 1 year minimum deal. Him and Bev would be a good duo, and they can really groom Canaan into a more hard nosed defender. Canaan is essentially a young Jameer Nelson at this point, even their build is almost identical.

I really really wanted DJ Augustin. At $3m per season I really would have liked to get this guy as our backup PG. Detroit got a nice deal, but Augustin will struggle because these guys don't have anyone who demands a double team inside nor are they known for moving the ball around very well. He would have drained 40% of his 3's with us and played good defense.