1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

remaining free agents to target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If the Rockets could land Okafor with the MLE, it would make the Asik deal so so so much sweeter.

Bring back AB, Garcia on vet deals.

Then start using the NOLA pick, TPE, picks and prospects too find quality veteran depth like Courtney Lee, Taj Gibson, etc or I suppose parlay it all into something bigger.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I'm looking at these guys in particular: Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson and Chuck Hayes (via trade).

Evan Turner provides some of the play making ability we lost with Lin/Parsons.

Wesley Johnson is another 3 & D guy we can use at times where Ariza get's in foul trouble.

AND Chuck is an old fan favorite, that gives us a post defender that we can throw at guys like Griffin and Aldridge.

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

that is a sobering list of players...wow. Hope Morey can come up with something creative because nothing on that list of players will be of much help

1 person likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

IIRC, Llull would only consider coming over if RM won it all this year (which they didn't).

5. KlutchQT

Some of you are really spoiled lol. No supersupersuperstars on that list, but def some guys who could help.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The idea of letting Parsons walk is that we will get a third star.

Even for role players that list sucks.

7. KlutchQT

Eh. I think Sessions is a BIG sleeper -- he was more than solid last year for both CHA & MIL and did a great job filling in for Kemba when he went down for a spell. I also think any one of Smith/Okafor/Blatche/Humphries would be better backing Dwight than rotating DMo/TJ at the backup 5.

None of those are Chris Bosh, but I wouldn't hate a bench of Sessions/Daniels/Young/DMo/Smith/Gee or similar. Nothing flashy, no huge names, but fill needs.

8. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Yep, I remember that too. I specifically mentioned Mirotic leaving because, as I understand it, he was their franchise player. With him gone, I figured, why not make a go at him now? RM's just that much further from winning, the position's available for the taking, and he has the skillset we're looking for in a combo guard.

Just wishful thinking on my end.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Humphries stinks man, Blatche is still a headcase and Okafor is injury prone. With only Harden and Howard we need someone more reliable than Okafor.

Bayless can play the 2, Sessions becomes PG number 4. If we go with a pure PG I'd rather AB.

If we kept Parsons I would be all for focusing on bench guys. We don't, so every move has to be in the direction of getting a third star.

We all these posts and threads, you can see those type of guys are slim pickings.

10. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Well maybe if we promise him a rotation spot, something we couldn't do in the past, he would reconsider.

Doesn't hurt to try.

11. HOUSTONROCKETS5

Speaking of Euro stash players ... what if we bring over Kostas Papanikolaou?

From my understanding he's a 3 & D guy who plays with high intensity, could be a great option off the bench.

12. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

The list is weak, except signing Aaron Brooks to another minimum for scoring purposes. Just let Morey work his magic with other general managers for a great trade.

13. KlutchQT

I'm just not on the 3rd star train... never was. Dwight has 2-3 years left of his prime, and it seems silly (to me) to keep banking on hoarding assets/clearing space for an elusive 3rd star who -- judging by this offseason -- may not even want to come here. I'd rather put good pieces around what we have left of the core and let them gel. Then again, I'm one who started the summer more excited over the prospect of Lowry/Millsap/Ariza over Love or Melo.

In any event, I'd take Sessions over AB, but AB would be next on my list.

14. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I thought about him too. I don't think we can afford to wait on him or for other projects for that matter. We need vets that can play now.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Could not agree more. Bring him over with MLE (hopefully not all of it).

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

People who want Chuck Hayes just stop. Chuck hayes is a fat man who is no where near the player he was in houston. He is an awful basketball player.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lance Stephenson!!!! Come on Morey. Redeem yourself!!!

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I feel like if this star chasing continues Morey is going to run this team right into the ground looking for a third star. He's an awesome GM but his "star" rejection list is growing. Right now Lance Stephenson is a potential star and he can be had for cheapish because, no one is looking at him really. I would love to have him with Bev and Ariza on defense vs the west. But, that would tie up the cap and Morey wouldn't be able to get his "third star"

:(:rolleyes:

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Lol, i dont care if he has baggage. Honestly, this rocket team needs an all out crazy man who plays D

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He can blow in Hardens ear for all I care! We need that dudes passion and energy!
    Artest and Mad Max 2.0!!!