1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELIGION] of peace strikes in Tunisia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 18, 2015.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kid, in contrast to your posts, this post was not about me - it was about the lack of a reaction from some of the same posters who would immediately jump on any anti-Israel thread. Sorry if you cannot make that intellectual distinction.

Also, I have some CV advice for you: Employers (and customers) google applicants and service providers nowadays. That's why one should be careful about using real names on social media. At least when one then goes and engages in embarrassing little internet cat fights.

Some more CV advice: A photo in a professional outfit is usually preferable on social networks used by professionals.

You have some anger issues. But other than that, you seem like a pretty ok guy. Good luck!

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You are truly a piece of work. Hilarious. You embarrass yourself again and again and again. You obviously know I'm not a kid and also feel the need to give me CV and social media advice- yes, because, having a business on the web for 15 years, well, one just doesn't know those things, right? Newsflash: my posts on this site would rank, um, about maybe on page 100 in a Google search.

Of course, when I ask you a question about what you would do to solve the Islamic-fueled terrorist attacks, you have no answer. Typical. Well, have fun being a pseudo-condescending moron.

#22 dandorotik, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This question has been asked before. And I have answered it before.

As frustrating as it is, I do not have a simple solution.

Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to combat violent extremism, especially when it is not confined to borders, but disguised as religion. This is especially true in Western societies, which (rightfully) protect freedom of religion (in contrast to societies where that hateful ideology is dominant). Fanatical ideologues who promote an aggressive, supremacist ideology disguised as religion will see the freedoms we provide and protect as a weakness, and they will try to exploit it, to promote their ideology.

There is no easy fix. You cannot bomb away the problem. One can only attempt to educate people that the problem even exists. Fixing ignorant extremism by promoting education within the countries where it is already dominant is extremely difficult, because the hateful ideologues will try to suppress education as one of their most important measures. We see this in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia.

But closing your eyes to the root cause of the problem (which is the hateful ideology itself) certainly will not help to "solve" the problem. The first step to any solution is to identify and acknowledge that the problem exists in the first place.

And you have not taken that step yet, but prefer to remain ignorant - which is the intellectually lazy path to take, and the easiest solution, especially when you think the problem is far away and will not affect you anytime soon - and it makes you angry when someone disturbs that convenient state of mind.

4. dandorotik

How do you explain peaceful Muslims?

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that the ideology is the root cause of those who choose to use it to support their agenda. OK, so if we, as a society, say that Islam is the problem, what then? Banning the religion? Again, you are keen on presenting a steady stream of incidents in which terrorist acts are committed in the name of Islam, but you offer no solutions, so what's the point? Do you think you are making us more aware of how bad Islamic terrorism is? Do you think maybe, just maybe, your obsession with this- as has been noted by NUMEROUS posters- actually makes people want to support Islam? Or at least find reasons not to blame religion, but the psychosis of these people regardless of religion?

Because my irritation towards you has NOTHING to do with the topic posted, but simply about you insulting individuals rather than simply posting your story. That's it.

#24 dandorotik, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As has been posted many times before (by others and myself), Islam is obviously not a monolithic religion - there are countless variants of it. Most of its followers are "peaceful" in a sense that they would not to resort to violence themselves.

However, there is a disturbingly high percentage of Muslims who believe in and support extremely intolerant things - like the death penalty for apostasy, etc.

And I believe that much of that is rooted in the ideology of Islam and its historical roots itself - where questioning any tenet of the religious ideology can be dangerous. It doesn't support a quest for enlightenment, as soon as that would possibly lead to questioning the ideology itself, it declares it a sin, which might be punished with death. The logical continuation of this is an exaggerated "us vs. them" mentality, where you would end up killing people for cartoons. Or murdering peaceful people in a museum. Etc. And then you would have a surprisingly high percentage of the followers of the ideology "understand why you did it".

As to your question, having been born into being a Muslim obviously doesn't make you a bad person, or not peaceful (apart from the intolerant tendencies that might have been ingrained your head by certain preachers of the ideology). And as with any ideology, people might pick the positive parts of it, the ones that teach peace (like Christianity, Islam conveys conflicting messages). And then, there will be many reasonable people who will ignore the hateful messages, just use the religion for whatever they perceive as personal spiritual enlightenment. So there should be more reasons to be peaceful than to not be peaceful.

I don't generally suspect that someone will not be peaceful just because they are Muslims. But I do think that the religious ideology of Islam itself is more prone to having intolerant followers than most other religions. And when you look at what is happening around the world right now, sadly, the evidence seems to support this view. I wish that was not the case.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, I posted news about an incident which is - by far - the front page headline news all over Europe (and on CNN), but which nobody had posted about yet, which was surprising to me. Just goes to show how numb we have become to this kind of news - it just happens way too much.

Yes. I do. I am pointing out how numb people like you have become to this kind of news.

No.

The psychosis is directly caused by their religious ideology. Why you would desperately try to find reasons to deny this fact, I don't know.

Your posts on this thread do not appear to indicate that you have a particular problem with insulting individuals. In fact, the angry insults you have posted on this thread are certainly more vulgar than anything I would have done by pointing out the hypocrisy of those who jump on any little thing when it suits their political agenda, but completely ignore yet another gruesome instance of the "religion of peace" rearing its ugly head.

7. dandorotik

Umm, you have responded to multiple people in numerous posts by calling them sick, disgusting, etc. Do I really need to point this out, as if you don't already know? Every thing you post is based on your political agenda. Pot, meet kettle.

OK, posters, you know- anyone else have something to say about all this? Are you appreciative of ATW's posts, or are you tired of them?

You know, anyone can do what you do. Shall I post every incident in which a police officer wrongly kills someone? I mean, I can certainly do this- there's enough of these types of incidents? Should I make every time I post a story about women being raped? Or every time children shoot themselves with their parents' guns?

I don't think people have an issue with someone who is really into something. I tend to post a lot about music- it's my thing. But it's not every post because...well, there's more to life than that. I mean, if that's your thing, power to you. Maybe I just have a hard time understanding why someone would want to devote so much of their time to this.

That's not being ignorant. You can choose to dwell on all the horror, suffering, and misery in the world every day if you want, and live a miserable existence. I choose not to live my life this way. I DO choose to stay aware of current events as much as possible, do stuff in the community, be a responsible citizen, etc. But if by not being obsessed with Islamic terrorism makes me ignorant, well then I'm ignorant.

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Correct.

9. dandorotik

And you've no doubt internalized the criteria with which to make this judgment.

Look, it's been fun, but I'm done wasting my time with your childishness. No doubt you'll post a response b/c you're the proverbial have-to-get-the-last-word-in type of bully, so have fun with that. For all else, thankfully the rest of you have some perspective.

[​IMG]

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My name is Dan. Thanks!

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

fkn bhuddists at it again aye

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

To Dan... The Ignore List. It's what's for dinner.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

ATW - sucks what happened here. I think we all know that. You can't admit that it is now clearer than ever that these guys aren't Muslim in any sense whatsoever? They aren't religious people. I think you insinuated that Muslims across the globe agree with attacks such as this. I don't believe that and some studies won't make me change that. I haven't met one Muslim person ever that would agree with this and I've met thousands of them. NOT. EVEN. ONE.

And what does Israel have to do with this? :confused: Those idiots are just as bad as any terrorist. Stop sympathizing with their government. Their citizens on the surface are very good people. A lot of them are racist pricks like a lot of people in America, Europe especially, and in other places. I work with them a lot. That's a different story though. Does it have to do with Germany? Genuinely curious to know if a lot of Germans feel sympahty for Jews and Israel for what they did.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh - maybe Scientology ain't all bad.

DD

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No, I don't see it that way. They absolutely are Muslims. Just like ISIS are Muslims. Hitler was German (Austrian). Just because what they do is terrible does not mean they aren't Muslims. That's a cop-out by other Muslims. Just because what Hitler did was terrible I still can't deny he was German anyway.

Well, I have met several. I have met several Muslims - even in the USA - who said that, for instance, the murder of Salman Taseer was absolutely justified because he was against blasphemy laws. The studies aren't fake. They are true. Just because you - thankfully - haven't met one who agrees with that stuff doesn't mean that there aren't many who do.

No, they aren't. Israel is not nearly as bad as "any terrorist". I know you probably get fed that propaganda, like many Muslims, but it simply isn't true. You should go there and see for yourself. I have. Then go and try to compare it to ISIS-controlled territories. To say that they are even comparable is crazy.

Israel is used as a scapegoat in the Muslim world, their respective governments will always be demonized by Muslims. It goes back to your prophet who ordered the murder of many Jews. I mean...Exiled even stated here that the Mossad is behind ISIS. That's how ridiculous it gets.

Yes, if one wants to remain ignorant - like you.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So it was ISIS?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

At some point something needs to be done to stop fundamentalist Islam.

20. dandorotik

Oh I don't have anyone on ignore. Atw puts out many valuable posts, and while I may disagree with him- even vehemently at times- it is always interesting and valuable to get others perspective. In hindsight, he probably was more right on this than me in a way, but sometimes I just gotta let loose. Never put anyone on ignore- -all input welcome - especially for those who disagree with us

1 person likes this.