1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Religion of peace at work in France: Priest beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS: That situation is exactly why I'd like for Muslims to act in a different way towards terrorism and groups like ISIS. Of course these acts are disgusting and we know that a lot of Muslims are peaceful (all the Pakis, Afghans etc I've got to known in Italy and Germany were some of the nicest and most humble people I've ever met in my life). but people really should admit that the Quran is full of texts that justify (directly or indrectly) terrorism and other bad aspects, for example the role of women or issues with homosexuality.

You don't defeat the problem by denying that terrorism is a part of Islam and saying Islam is the religion of peace, you have to directly call for reforms and openly say that many aspects of the religion and Quran are not suited for a peaceful and tolerant world.

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I feel as if American Muslims are doing their fair share of being apart of this 'melting pot'. Hey, what do I know. I only was part of the community almost all my life and also served in the Marine Corps so I guess I know what 'assimilation' looks like.

I'm sure what ever negative anecdote you have of Muslim Americans trumps my experience.

1 person likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And that is an excellent post. Repped.

If that was what everyone was doing, if it was what our current national government was encouraging for all immigrants and cultural groups, then we would be a lot better off than the direction we are currently going, to say the least.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Read as: I like your food, I just don't like your people.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Considering this is a European issue, here's some commentary from European politician Nigel Farage:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ChsI6EU0aNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If they integrate to American culture, that is fine but what multiculturalism is proposing is different cultures living side-by-side with their own often incompatible agendas with no regard to social cohesion necessary to build national identity.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Liar.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I appreciate that, I know we have don't agree on some things, but I respect you on your views on other things as well. I just pray that these attacks stop. Innocent lives being taken is never the answer.

8. Dei

Dei Member

I don't like illegal immigrants.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unfortunately solving these issues might take some very tough deportation laws.

IE - family deportation of any criminal.

DD

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Looks like France is declaring war, as French President Francios Hollande has declared the country to be "at war" and that it needs to fight this enemy "by all means."

What will be interesting to see is how they continue to try and justify their open borders policy and their open doors to the floods of unvetted immigrants coming in from this part of the world. The people are already on edge about this there. This declaration will only embolden people to want to follow the example of the British who are taking control of their borders and their country back from the EU.

And it will be interesting to see how this informs the presidential race here, which is being propelled by a remarkably similar set of issues.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

HOW CAN ANYONE SAY TRUMP'S MUSLIM BAN IS A BAD IDEA AT THIS POINT?

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think I have ever used this phrase in my entire life.

But... awwww snap

13. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

HOW DO WE KNOW YOU AREN'T A MUSLIM!

14. fchowd0311

By possessing two traits:
    1. Logic
    2. Empathy.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

1. It's pure logic at this point
    2. I have empathy for my fellow Americans including my own family who I want safe. Do you?

2 people like this.
  16. Dei

Dei Member

But those only goes in favor of a ban.

It would be logical to ban Muslims, the leading cause of terrorist attacks.

I absolutely empathize with the victims of terrorist attacks who have lost loved ones and with those who fear for their safety now.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

We need to vet all immigrants - profiling ALL of them, regardless of where they are coming from - and we need to control our borders. But this criteria is spectacularly stupid.

The terrorists will just deny they are Muslims or evade our pathetic border controls entirely. Meanwhile, the nonviolent Muslims will be screened out because they practice a religion that in its nonviolent aspects was until recently protected by the first amendment to our constitution.

It is just not a criteria that on its own makes any sense, except as campaign slogan demagoguery, the way that narcissistic ass-clown Trump is using it.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump has come out say this is a regional ban and not a religious ban.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If there was a segregated local for all 'White Nationalists' such as yourself. You have your own economy, society, and whatever else but you cannot leave the area without wearing a tracking monitor would that suffice you? It would be a couple states large, just enough for your kind of people.

20. fchowd0311

Hence, why he stated "Ban all MUSLIM IMMIGRATION"... Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification. We all know we cannot use Trump's actual words seriously.