1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Religion of Intolerance] Muslim Mass Attacks, Mar 13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree with DD here. Any religion is indistinguishable from any other if using science to analyze. Using common sense, you reach the same conclusion.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

he mentioned i guess "Scientology "the religion where a celebrity husband abuse a celebrity wife and she run away:rolleyes:

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Quit focusing on human made labels like "celebrity," "husband," "wife," etc... Remove the labels and see the real world. Religion as defined, "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods," makes them all the same.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is the same for Islam and Christianity, all mythos.

DD

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Elaborate, huh?

O.K.

You seem like somebody who'd appreciate a good story...even if it's just ignorant, brainwashed liberal Negro baby-whining...

...my grandmother (my mother's mother) died when I was 12 years old. Didn't know much about her, aside from the fact that her and my mother didn't really get along too well (I've learned that the biggest reason for that was that the both of them were too much of the same person, in many respects...).

My aunts decided that the funeral was going to be held in a Kingdom Hall for Jehovah's Witnesses. My mother was livid. She said the only way her mother would have agreed to something like that was if she was dead. So there you go.

My mother didn't go to the funeral that day. Said she didn't want to see her own mother get up out of that casket and walk out of that Kingdom Hall, just to spite her kids and God, who thought that they could bury her against any good Christian wishes of hers, just so they could feel good about themselves. I wanted to stay with my mother when she said she didn't want to go, but she told me I needed to go on...just to tell her what I saw when I got back.

I don't remember exactly how I felt about all that, except to say that it was fairly standard behavior for my family. All I really cared about was that it was a chance for me to see my older brothers (who were already adults and had families of their own), and any reason I could find to hang out with the both of them, I'd jump at it.

I recall when we got to the Kingdom Hall...as you entered the place, on the left side was where the relatives of the deceased sat. I recognized almost everybody there, in one way or another. And anybody I didn't recognize, we soon made the necessary acquaintances. Not a bad crowd, all told...but good seats were still available.

The story was what I saw on the right side. The seating of the place was probably about two or three hundred people, max. And over on that right side, seated and standing, from front to back, standing-room only, were about as many white folks as I saw in one place at one time that wasn't a sporting event that I'd ever seen. There were entire families...generations of people...old and young...all assembled over there for my grandmother's funeral.

I had half a mind to go over there and ask some of them if they knew where they were or if they were lost or something...I had though-processes and attitudes that hadn't quite caught up with an observance and application of tact then, I'm afraid.

Fortunately, my oldest brother stopped me from asking what I thought were obvious questions to those people. So I asked him.

"Dot, who are all those white folks over there? What are they at Gramma's funeral for?"

"Little brother, all those folks are people that Gramma used to work for. She kept they houses for'em. All of them people at some point in time had Gramma either cookin' for 'em, or cleaning for 'em, or takin' care of they kids for 'em..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, man. Really. That was the one of the only jobs you could get back then, if you was black. Gramma took as many of them jobs as she could. 'S what she did till she died. Some of them folks, she was still workin' for."

When I got back home, my mother didn't seem at all worried that she'd not attended her own mother's funeral. Not that my mother was ever an overly sentimental person at all during the regular course, anyway...just seemed odd to me. Especially since my aunts and uncles kind of went out of their way to display their sentimentality, whether it was appropriate or not. She told me that her mother knew how she felt about her...and nothing could be gained by talking to somebody who wasn't there, anyway. She said she spent her life telling her mother how she felt, so it wasn't going to make any difference or sense now that she was dead.

I told my mother about the wall-to-wall white folks at the Kingdom Hall, and that my brother told me who all those people were. My mother smiled then for the first time in all of this going on.

I asked her if she knew any of those people. She said more than likely. Some times, she helped her mother with some of the work those people gave her. One of the reasons why she didn't finish school, "...takin' care of a buncha ungrateful, knuckle-headed brothers and sisters who showed they was always a sorry and selfish bunch...", at least, I think that's what she said...

I said I thought it might have been good for her to go and at least meet some of those folks again. And she said most definitely not.

"..Just tol' you, boy...don't make no sense to pretend to be somethin' when you dead that you never was when you was alive.

Them white folks was at that funeral for they own reasons. Not one of'em got up and said a word about her, did they? No, 'course they didn't. They ain't go to that funeral outta no respect for your grandmother...or any other Negro in there. They come 'cause she was a '...good n!gger'...one you could count on...one who did what you tol' her to do an' ain't cause them no trouble. One who even did a little extra for you...just to do it...

Hell, boy...your grandmother 'bout raised more o'them folk than they did themselves.

...My mama always said that she was blessed to work for some good white folk...wasn't too many of'em around...and they was good 'cause most of'em wouldn't call her 'n!gger' in front of her kids...

...she always said most white folk ain't got no use for a n!gger...an' the only ones they do got use for is dead ones..."

...yeah. My mother always seemed to have a lot more "conventional wisdom" than she should have. I believe most Negroes in this country do, as a matter of fact. One of the reasons we've survived so long, for instance...as opposed to, say, American Indians...who are all but extinct and are glorified wards of the state, after a fashion.

That's why I've never had a problem with my mother's Christianity...and possibly why she's never had a problem with my doubts about it. Never really thought there was all that much difference between "common sense" and "religious virtue", as it were...

Never could afford it, really. What was it Morgan Freeman said in that movie..."The Shawshank Redemption"...?

"...get busy livin', or get busy dyin'..."

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Stunning, stunning post. Really cuts to the core of the issue.

And reaffirmed by "moderates" every time we have our weekly mass attack my muslim zombies.

[​IMG]