1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relationship experts.......I've got a dilemma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Aug 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think the sense of humor thing is an urban myth. Move attractiveness to the top and humor towards the bottom. Girls also like the bad boy types, from what I can see.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yes

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by gr8-1

Straight from 6 feet under, but have any of you actually slept in a bed with a girl you don't know well and not have sex with her ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he means on purpose ;)

Getting them to bed planning to sex but you don't
    is a different thing . . . .

rocket river

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You've only been communicating via e-mail? What if she is not the wholesome, attractive woman you once knew and has put on several pounds and has a pimple problem? You got a plan for that....or shall I say.....escape plan? :D

5. gr8-1

Already thought of that. I'm headed straight to the couch when we get home. :D

She has a very curvy body and looked great back then. I could see her putting on a few pounds. But maybe she's worked out more since the divorce ? Besides, looks aren't everything......

6. gr8-1

No doubt, Although girls can coc*block also.

Brian, please tell me you're not a fan of Longhorn Bob's ? Many Horns have told me iffy things about him. I don't know him though.

#26 gr8-1, Aug 15, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2001
  7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

gr8-1, I don't even want to touch that one. I understand there were some serious legal difficulties between LHB and his former partners, but I'm not really privy to anything other than anecdotal evidence regarding the conduct of either party-- so I withhold judgment.

I visit both of the two major Texas football fan sites. :)

8. gr8-1

BK, I have heard some FUNNY stories about Bob. I'm sure you've heard them, but I always get a kick out of how many Longhorns just hate the guy.

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Yeah, I've seen some people-- Longhorns, even-- rip him. I can't really tell why; he seems like a good enough guy to me. But I don't claim to know the whole story so it's hard to judge. I'm sure I'll run into him while tailgating this season (season tickets, whoooo hooo) so I'll probably form an opinion then.

Anyway, good luck with your friend this weekend. I hope everything works out for the best.

10. gr8-1

I guess I won't get into specifics about Bob.

The friend cancelled on me. She said her dad was sick or something, I don't know. I just choked on a presentation also, so not exactly a good day. There'll be better ones though.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Maybe she reads the BBS:D

Sorry to hear about your rough day gr-8, can't say you can learn much from the lady cancelling (sounds to me like she got cold feet about the situation, but it may be just her own issue not with you) but maybe you can take something about your presentation. Practice and preparation are all you can do for such things.

Hang in there and go hit 6th street with some friends :)

12. gr8-1

I don't know, she's been saying she's been sick the last couple of days. She hasn't been going to work or something like that. But, she still indicated she was coming.

Eh, par for the course for me, lol.

13. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Disregard post

#33 Greg#3, Aug 22, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2001