1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regarding NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nomar, Mar 19, 2004.

1. coachbp3

coachbp3 Member

gee people are loving taylor just a bit too much. any football player will be a bust if they don't listen to the coach or think they so hype up that they be lebron of football that they don't need to grow as a player. seriously guys the draft will hold no lebrons of football. they only turn bust if they can't stop thinking about the money and don't appliy themselves. As for best its just the different. I hope sean taylor won't be thinking about the money he getting and learn from the veterns.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I could probably get 1 or 2 picks against that FSU buffoon.

Sorry Manny, don't remember those hits, but Krenzel is not exactly a swift or shifty target and obviously the hits were not severe enough to keep him from finnishing that game.

I recognize Taylor has good size and speed, but being an intimadating hitter is more than just size. And if we are stickly speaking on size, sorry, Sean Taylor in his 6''' 220 (softish according to the recent reports) frame does not hit like Roy Williams in his 6'0" 235 rock solid frame. I see a good pro player, especially in pass defense, but not the most dominating safety since Ronnie Lott stuff for Taylor.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Where in the hell are you getting that he is 6'0"??

He is 6'2" and a half, almost 6'3" and doesn't weigh 220 but 230, at least according to this:

I tell you what, Scar. Would you like to make a friendly wager on this?

If Taylor is not on the Pro Bowl team at the end of his rookie season, then you get to choose my sig. Likewise, if he does make the Pro Bowl team, I CHOOSE your sig.

So what do you say? Are you game to do this?

4. Desert Scar

Sure I'll take that. Taylor makes the Pro Bowl next year, you get my signature 1 month. If he doesn't, I get your signature 1 month.

5. Desert Scar

If you look closely I was making the comparison between Roy Williams as 6 foot chiseled 235 frame versus Sean Taylor in his longer 6'3" but less thick frame.

Taylor probably needs to get down to like 200-225--his midseason prime shape. In fact perhaps his putting on the extra 5-10 pounds is why he did not grade out as well as expected at Miami's Pro Day and the combine (Williams and Vilma had about his same drills/tests of athleticism and they are libebackers).

That above said, 6'3" 225 is plenty big enough to be a physically intimidating safety. But much of it is having a wrecking ball attitude. I think he will be good, especially in pass defense--but I don't know if Taylor will throw his body around and cause the intimidation to WRs, RBs and perhaps TEs like a Lott, Harrison, Atwater, Lynch or Roy Williams.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

witness!

7. Manny Ramirez

Okay, we have a deal....SWT witnessed it.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I actually agree with Larry Fitzgerald...Here are my picks...

Best Offensive Player: Ben R. (Miami of Ohio)
    Best Defensive Player: Sean Taylor

Biggest Offensive Bust: Larry Fitzgerald/Phillip Rivers
    Biggest Defensive Bust: Kenechi Udeze

9. Desert Scar

I still like Fitz for OROY, but the one other guy I think may tear it up no one has mentioned is Winslow jr. Punk yes, but if he goes to any kind of team that can use him he is going to do major damage.

To me, Fitz and Winslow are the two skill position locks in the draft.

Manny, what is your view of Fitz, best WR of the crop or not.

10. Desert Scar

Manny, while you at it, how about another Big East guy, Kevin Jones. Pro stud, ordinary/adequate NFL back, or nothing.

11. tozai

tozai Member

RB's are so hard to predict. I like Kevin Jones, but who knows?

Offensive picks: Roy Williams, Ben Roethlisberger, Gallery
    Defense: Udeze

Offensive bust: Chris Perry
    Defensive bust: Chris Gamble, Tommie Harris

Overrated: Mike Williams, Nate Vasher
    Underrated: Ben Troupe

12. Manny Ramirez

DS,

I like Mike Williams a little bit better than Fitzgerald simply because of Mike's size. However, I think Fitzgerald is going to be a solid pro with the potential of being a pro bowl receiver.

Kevin Jones?? Eh, never have thought he was all that great. I think he will be a serviceable pro but not a pro bowler.

13. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

Oh well. There's not much money to be had in professional bowling these days, anyway. :p

14. PhiSlammaJamma