1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

Should have statistics too..bad calls. similar to errors in baseball. and their own Win-loss record :p

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Mark Cuban's way ahead of you - the Mavs already do this. I'm sure other teams do as well. I don't know about the Rockets.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Am I the only Rockets fan who thought that foul from AB was correctly called a flagrant? That was a wild swing at Wade's chest. It didn't look to me like he was going after the ball at all.

4. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

It looked like Aaron was just trying to prevent the dunk. Didn't look intentional at all and certainly didn't look harmful enough to be a flagrant. He probably busted his lip falling on the ground and trying to overplay the situation then Aaron actually connecting hard enough

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That was a dirty foul. What was he thinking.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The only reason it was called is because Wade is on the floor crying. As soon as the official made the call suddenly Wade perks up and is ready to go. What bothers me is he got the call because he was on the ground like a little girl. I think Bill made a good point, AB looked like he was going for the ball, he's just too short to reach Wade's hands. There was no malice, and it was ever apparent it wasn't excessive. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, the foul was called one way, and then after excessive campaigning from Spolstra and Wade's tears its called another. Thats where the outrage should be...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AB's foul was def Flagerant 1.....no issue at all with that call.

However, some of the other calls, especially the one's Wade was getting were head scratchers...and don't get my started on DWade and his carrying the ball from side to side......ugh....

DD

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

No your not the only one.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There were some bad calls tonight. But I am not complaining. It's pretty even overall.

I do think they (the league) should keep track of ref performance. Some refs need to be fired.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How about the fact LeBron could take what 4/5/6 steps on a drive? The fact that Wade gets fouled on the ground and yet somehow a shot is a continuation? The list goes on...

1 person likes this.
  11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

You all know if Wade or LBJ was on the Rockets you wouldn't care just like we have to live with KM fake ass foul calls which work against scrub defenders.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

We really need a gif of Spoelstra motioning "In the face!"'emphatically to
    Bavetta. That was hilarious.

13. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

AB's foul was bad, but nothing compared to real heavy body body contact that isnt called all the time..he was going for the ball and scratched wades lip...wade played a soccer move..its ridiculous to see him laying their begging for a foul and a minute later gets it. Even if ur going to call it a tech, do it initially, dont wait over a minute through commercials etc to go and change it. Anyhow, its not that big of a deal, but i do agree with DD's comments above.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The reds were defined favoring the rockets today. The atmosphere in the arena was just awesome.

15. Mr. Space City

I hear a lot of fans complain about the phantom calls Martin gets.

I love em tho :grin:

16. Mr. Space City

fixed.

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Good game

Rockets beat themselves the heat didn't beat us.

We shot near 40%, while the heat shot near 60%

Yes the what played ok D, but we flat out missed open shots, & the Heat were getting every call!

18. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Another prime example is flopping, we hate it but we love it when OUR guys do it.

Haha my buddies get so pissed when KM gets like 9FT's a game for his acting job.

19. choujie

choujie Member

Not much to complain about refs.

Rockets got plenty of calls as well. We had 3 more FTs than Heat with a bunch intentional fouls. We missed 5 more. The biggest reason was there was nobody in the paint to stop Wade, not refs.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Scola, Martin, Battier, Hayes and Lowry.

Hey our whole starting lineup flops!
    I cannot believe people wants to complain about the referees when our leading scorer can get to the line by tilting his head backwards.