1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs rigging games for the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Apr 13, 2013.

1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

:p This Laker troll is mad.

Don't present facts. He's going to bring up every occasion where the Lakers didn't get preferential treatment to refute what's happening now.

Kobe's done. Kobetards = :mad:

One thing that strikes me as funny is the celebration by Laker bandwagons when they got Howard and Nash this summer. Some were laughing at Stern for the CP3 debacle, declaring it was a blessing-in-disguise for getting Howard. Since the Lakers suck even with a $100m payroll, they mad. :grin:

2. clippy

clippy Member

3. coffeelover665

I myself I'm a big Laker's fan (hometeam) and I must admit, they're flying to the playoff with Stern's Jet propulsion

1 person likes this.
  4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Is that you David Stern?

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

so today's games in the wwnba

6. Aleron

just about anyone that likes basketball and isn't some homer r****d can see it.

**** Utah, but even I feel sorry for them.

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Again, videos can show soo many are not fouls.

Again, Utah which is forces some of the most physical play somehow became super bad at drawing any fouls

8. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Video proved everything, no need to argue.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

has the league always been this helpful to the lakers? what was it like before the kobe bryant era?

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Michael Jordan era.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The NBA has one motive to rig games: maximize revenue

They don't just rig games to help a more marketable team make or miss the playoffs/get to the next round. They do it to, say it with me, maximize revenue.

All season long they were jacking Lakers fans and regular fans by making sure a team like the Lakers lost games/failed to cover big spreads. They do this a lot to Knicks fans too. They are so sure of their success rate in rigging games that they waited this late to start mission get Kobe in the playoffs which inevitably failed due to other circumstances.

Here is a list of sports betting websites. On each night you can bet on the outcome of a single NBA game. Some nights you will see Rockets +10 points against the Pacers in Indiana and you will jump on that bet and get taken. These websites all have traffic and reach millions of people every single day:

There are many more websites. If you're gonna gamble don't be a sucker. You can even bet on how many points Lin, Harden, and Parsons score or how many rebounds or assists LeBron gets. If they want Harden to cover and get 26 points they will put him at the line. They will let LeBron play aggressively and not whistle him for any fouls if they need him to cover 8 rebounds and 7 assists. I'm not going to teach you how, but if you keep up with the NBA and use box scores/schedule you can make money if YOU DON'T THINK LIKE A SUCKER.

12. Aleron

if the lakers were 53-27 rather than 43-37, it would be very different, so no, not really.

13. haydenfisher342

I would be ashamed to be a Laker fan. My brother was a Shaq Laker fan when we was kids. Never could understand why I liked Olajuwon. He grew up and apologized to me and I quote " I cant believe I thought Shaq was better then Olajuwon. I cant believe I liked the Lakers over the Rockets. Ill be honest it was because Lakers would almost always get the W."

That is what is most sad about being a Laker fan. Supporting a cheating organization, and I say cheating because there is NO FReAKING WAY Kobe / Dwight / Shaq / MWP / JACKSON / ETC. doesnt know that they have the advantage, that they have backup. Its obvious to Laker fans/Rockets fan/Nba Fans/ Ralph Nader that the Lakers are a cesspool and the worst thing to happen to the credibility of the League, and to the Sport.

I hope some day people realize this and stop supporting the franchise that doesnt speak out about it. They know the League is on there side and they just keep playing. Eff the NBA EFF the LAKERS! If it wasnt for the Houston Rockets and how bad ass the game was in the 90's I would of gave up on it years ago.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

People act like the Lakers would always have a great record if the refs were in the bag for them.

Doesn't really work that way.

A team has to be good, to a certain point. Then that refs' helping hand is, say, a little less obvious.

Kobe's will to win has also lent the refs some incentive. When he gets fouled and no call is made (and it happens, believe it or not), he's been that much more demonstrative and angry with the officials....and you'll see another official, farther from the play, blow the whistle.

Which you won't see as often for, say, James Harden, who can play against Memphis, get Rodney-King'ed (or prison-raped) on his way to the basket with no call given. Were he to jump around waving his arms at the refs, they'd ignore him or, if he got especially angry, T him up.

Whereas with Kobe he'd have to say something about the ref's mother or sister before getting a T.

Do the Lakers get favorable calls? Hell yes. Are Lakers fans so innoculated and pampered that they're arrogant and blind to this fact, making us almost like COwboys fans by comparison? Hell yes.

15. Rocket Booster

I will just post the same thing I did in one of the other threads here about the refs helping the Lakers in these games -

The NBA has not been a true sporting competition since Stern has been the league's commissioner. Anyone that has followed the NBA closely for any good amount of time knows that.

This same stuff has been going on since the '80s.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and they did exactly that on friday nite. it also seems that almost every lakers opponent the past 7 weeks has drawn T's for questioning the officiating.