1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs rigging games for the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Awesome

Awesome Member

I just recorded an illegal screen segment on my phone from nba tv and thats the same scenario that happened... they showed Rondo trying to guard Vasquez, and Jason Smith did that same t hing Dwight did.

They said Vasquez didnt let Smith get set so it was kinda his fault, and the foul was given to him, not Rondo

Pathetic how contradictory they are

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

50-16, worst in a decade, blatantly fixed, and that leads to some videos of a couple of 50-50 calls that went one way and added a few free throws. Talk about anticlimactic arguments.

3. clippy

clippy Member

You stll don't get it. The video shows all the calls that were actually made, but not ones that weren't. Like I said earlier, almost every play in basketball can be called a foul if you want since there's always contact. This is how the refs can always defend themselves against claims of fixing games. In the video, we see a bunch of ticky tack calls for the Lakers, especially in the last few minutes. How many ticky-tack calls could they have given the Warriors if calling things the same way? What about even legit calls like the one where Jack was hammered on the rebound, which would have led to game winning FTs? Do you really think that foul on Curry would have been called in Oakland, or if a team other than the Lakers was playing?

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i assume you mean they called it on Smith?

it's not black and white, there are no two truly identical situations. You have to give the opposing player a chance to see you and stop. It's can be one step, or it can be multiple steps, or no space / time at all. Depends on where the opposing player is looking, is he moving, how fast is he moving.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

*it

i'm talking about calling a moving screen there. sorry, fast typing makes me write in a messed up way

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

Yes they called the foul on Smith and youre right

Thing is, in the clip with Dwight setting the same screen with the same result on Curry, Curry gets called for the foul.

Basically the GSW got screwed

7. peter2012

peter2012 Member

They did, I am surprised. :grin: Harden was not that lucky last night.

8. clippy

clippy Member

Here's a good discussion about this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1244797

It seems to me that there's an awful lot of evidence here to make this stuff more than just a coincidence. Personally I'm shocked that a league would go to such lengths when they are surely profitable enough already, but I guess greed has no boundaries. The only question to me at this point is how far reaching the conspiracy goes. Is it league mandated, or simply due to a few corrupt refs who may have a vested interest?

I'm very much looking forward to the day when all of this is exposed. Stern is retiring and if it has something to do with his regime, that day may be soon.

9. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I get the feeling that Silver is stern's lackey. Still, hopefully he is not as rotten.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

silver will be worse than stern.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Sup.

[​IMG]

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I believe it. I was starting to watch those when the Rockets were still kinda plugging along, but stopped after only a few games. I thought the Lakers would get that treatment, and didn't think it would be this obvious, but WOW!

If those stats are legit, which I'm sure you got them legit. I'm just astounded at some of those games 28/9, 30/8 are just some of the HIGHLIGHTS of some stretch of games that look a little iffy just looking at it on paper.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Look at our game against Memphis, Memphis have said when their place is set, they're shutting it down to the playoffs.

Had Memphis lost to us and then the Clippers, they would be 5th with no chance of moving up or down and so would have shut down their team, which would leave their bench and d-leaguers playing Utah in the final game.

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Very good observation

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

oh man so they made Houston lose to Memphis too, to help the Lakers? they are keeping Memphis, Clippers and Denver close to make sure they don't rest vs. the Jazz? i love this.

16. clippy

clippy Member

So your opinion is that the reffing is totally legit? That they are just reffing by the rulebook and there's no bias here at all? What do you think of the statistics presented in this article: http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/4/1...eferee-free-throws-officiating-conspiracy-nba

Is that just conjecture? I mean, these are numbers and they aren't hand-picked.. they are just the recent numbers. What is your response? It's clear you are very dismissive of any wrongdoing by the league, but why not even consider the possibility? Is it so unrealistic that there could be something to be gained here?

17. pacmania

pacmania Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qjRcTiwVEwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Bunch of IDIOTS in this forum

If the Lakers were to get favorable calls

1) Why didnt Dahntay Jones get a foul called on him in a close game just a month ago? Every friggin game counts in the tough Western Conference right?
    2) Why didnt the Lakers get all the close calls just 2 weeks ago when they played vs WAS at home and lost by 3

Bunch of crybabys here whos favorite team and playere were getting owned over the years by Kobe and the Lakers and have to resort to garbage rhetoric that make no sense

If the League favored the lakers so much there wouldn't be a new CBA that is designed to specifically punish the Lakers the most

If the League favored the Lakers so much then the Chris Paul trade to Lakers would've gone through

THERE IS MORE TO GAIN FOR THE LEAGUE ^ FOR THOSE TWO THINGS TO HAVE HAPPENED FAVORING THE LAKERS AND IT DIDNT

Imbeciles

19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE THE LAKERS HAVE 3 MOST PRODUCTIVE POST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE AND HENCE DRAW A LOT OF CONTACT...WHERE IS THE USE OF YOUR THICK SKULLS YOU MORONS. USE YOUR HEAD

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oh sure, paint me as the one making extreme claims. :p

I see no problem with someone asking questions and building tables.

Where I'm having a ton of fun in these threads is some people pushing that as the obvious truth and showing videos of "fixing" and "bad calls" where they display their own lack of understanding of basic basketball rules.