1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs got us again!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 16, 2014.

1. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Even the Miami heat fans are saying hte refs bailed em out down the stretch LOL

Im not mad about this loss, we played well, we just gotta beat Utah tomorrow, n make a good push to close the season out

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Hope the Rockets send the tape into the league office for review. Of course the league office may have given the order to help their darlings the Heat win.

3. TheresTheDagger

It seems the NBA officiating issue is as bad and as biased as its ever been. I guess the money this league makes off Lebron and the Heat will always trump fairness.

Good Game NBA.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rockets didn't help themselves this game though. Harden gave up a wide open 3 off the fast break, bad offensive execution on the other end, etc etc.

5. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

[​IMG]

This is a delay of game apparently...

1 person likes this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

We did play well and I would have no issue if the Heat just outplayed us but when a ref makes so many blatant bad calls in crunch time it ticks me off.:mad: The Heat are good enough to not need the refs help.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

If anything that helped speed the game up!!

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They will just use this game as another Referee instructional video...on how to rig NBA basketball games...

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Media ain't on our side

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande 28m

That delay of game was called exactly the way they’re instructed to. Argue the rule, not the call.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Sadly you are probably right!!! That was textbook on how to give a game away.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

The ref does not have to make the call especially when what happened in no way delayed the game. If LBJ did the same thing I can guarantee they would not call it.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yup. You have to beat the opposing team AND the refs. Absolutely deplorable game officiating.

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I don't care what Royce White's father has to say about that call.

14. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I'm so sick of watching horribly officiated games. If you play D on Dwight, you're allowed to do whatever you want and not get called for a foul. If you're playing D on Wade, you get called for a foul without even touching the guy.

15. DreamEarlNolan

I know it sounds like sour grapes to many, but the refs definitely influenced the outcome of this game. The momentum completely shifted following the 3 second call and delay of game call. You add to that the embarrassingly obvious hold James put on Lin, the horrible flop by Wade that was called as a Howard push, the tech on Bev, every call went the Heats way down the stretch. Yes the Rockets didn't execute well at times down the stretch, but it is much easier to execute when the crowd is subdued and you're up by 3 rather than down by 1. Refs definitely helped the Heat win this game.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I bet you ABC/ESPN/NBA people made JVG stop during a break. Before the timeout, he was all over the refs then when they returned it was "The Refs with a good solid call..", even if it was a flop and bad call.

The NBA will let Miami get their third unless a bigger "story" comes out, which is very unlikely. Something bigger than LeBron James getting his third ring and cementing his place as the all time great. But what possible story would come out bigger than that? Lebron getting his third ring would get the most money any day of the week.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep. *** Stern and *** Silver and *** whomever is next:mad:

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Maybe. If you watch the beginning of the play, everything is set and Bev is playing tight on Wade before the ref hands over the ball to be inbounded by Miami. The ref then walks out on the floor and says something to Bev, who then walks away and yells downcourt at his teammates. The ball is then thrown in while the Rockets are scrambling around and Bev is in no place to contest the inbounds.

Not sure what happened, but it looked odd and I can't remember a ref coming onto the court from the site of an inbounds play to have words with a defender who is not playing the inbounder. Be curious to hear what happened there.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why blame the refs instead of Howard on that delay of game call? He should have known what the rule was. His mental alertness in crunch time has me shaking my head at times.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member