1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs completely dictated G4 outcome

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, Apr 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

My stream played Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan chatting during the timeouts and both of them were astonished at the calls the officials made tonight!

You could hear them talking about how they needed to show the Dwight out of bounds call and that it should have gone against the Blazers. Miller joked that the NBA will come back on Monday morning with a 'my bad' for this one.

This was the most blatant bias foul calling I've seen ever.

How is this allowed? How is this not punished?

Edit:
    ... They're now commenting on Mo Williams being bush league for smacktalking Harden post win.

Disgusting.

#1 srrm, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Refs always hate us.

Lin cost us this game.

But we got jobbed real hard in OT it's not funny.

3. dragician

dragician Member

They didn't call a foul on LMA on that Harden 3pt shot, but they did call a foul on Howard for boxing out.

What the hell is going on with this league?

I don't want NBA in my living room!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. SacTown

SacTown Member

How about at the end of regulation when Harden tripped over his own feet and they sent him to the line? Refs were bad both ways.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

FIFY :mad:

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Lin isn't the only reason we lost. The amount of hate is like teenagers crying without looking at the other players. He hasn't played well, but its more on Mchale.

Morey really should compile footage from this series and submit it to the league. I doubt it changes anything but the refs were rediculous this game.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

They showed the trip on the replay. It was a good call.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the nba will be able to explain away mo williams stepping out of bounds by the ref being out of position. but the swipe on the ball by lma on dwight was right in front of the official, i mean 2ft away. for him to say it was off of dwight's leg is clear evidence of rigging.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Enough with the ref hating. We aren't playing like we're capable. If the refs have anything to do with the outcome, you don't deserve to talk about championships like we have all year.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The refs killed us on several important calls. Same ole NBA.

11. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Has there ever been a protested playoff game? I remember that replayed NBA game a few years ago because someone (Shaq?) fouled out with five fouls. Not verifying whether someone is out of bounds kind of blows my mind. Especially since it was within the last two minutes...

12. Classic

Classic Member

Blazers didn't EARN this win just like they didn't EARN the game 1 W.

13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Its crazy how when ONE person has the ball they swallow the whistle, then right when it leaves they start blown it like crazy?

Ball didn't go off Dwight they get a transition 3...free points Ridiculous T on Dwight...free points.

Its just simply not fun when refs control the outcome of the game.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

How can you play like you're capable, if you're limited in no small part by the referees? The supposed objective observers who hand out infractions?

It's not like refs are a small part of the game - calls they make, phantom/missed or otherwise, can completely shift the momentum of a team.

15. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

I stopped watching the NBA years ago because its more rigged than the WWE. At least the WWE doesn't act like it's real.

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Absolutely

Precisely

So clearly JOBBED!

What's incredible to me is that we were in the game even after they had to cut down our double digit lead and let the Blazers come back.

Rockets are a good basketball team. In an unbiased game we planned our rests and our bursts well - we just ran out of gas as a result of the officials trying to prolong the game in favor of Portland.

Of course, this includes the weird foul call on Troy Daniels' last 3pt shot... another out of game character call.

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

Lakers called in a favor because Dwight spurned them.

18. Classic

Classic Member

Lillard:

The new $100 million Adidas man.

His legend is being created right now.

Think about that.

2 people like this.
  19. Swedish_Rocket

Its kinda hard to beat both the Blazers AND the refs

1 person likes this.
  20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Ordinarily I would agree. This game doesn't back up your point; there were too many wrong calls at important times going against both teams.