1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Refs and the calls they make....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Oct 27, 2013.

?

Will we still get bad calls?

1. Nah.....NBA is all about making them star players happy

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Yea.....the league is jealous of how Morey got the job done and is conspiring...

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Can't tell.....yet

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. nomangame

nomangame Member

I still remember the Perkins no-call and dreadful refereeing in game 5....absolutely ridiculous...

But now that we got Howard, will this awful refereeing come to an end?

2. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

My main concern is how Dwight gets wrecked and no calls. I heard about this happening, but once he's on your team, it gets that much worse.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

I saw a lot of bad calls already this preseason.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Dwight hasn't been getting any calls.

I don't understand why refs do that. And they must be told to not give him calls, because it isn't just one ref... none of them give him calls.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Awful refereeing coming to an end because we got Howard? I doubt it.

I'd probably be lying if I said Dwight didn't do at least a little of this on the other end and I don't know how many of these were called or not called but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 J.R., Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. King901

King901 Member

Collins and hibbert are trying to get some love

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I remember the days when someone would have to stab yao with a trident in order for it to be called by the refs.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We get plenty of calls our way with Harden, so I don't think they are out to get us.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The pains of being a big man.. It will suck if Howard doesn't get the calls or respect he deserves because one thing I was really excited with the Harden Howard pairing was tat both of these players can draw fouls like crazy! If they both are aggressive and get the call, the Rockets should be shooting 35+ free throws a game. And even if Howard makes only 50-55% of his foul shots then at least your getting the other team in foul trouble and letting your team get into the penalty earlier. And of course we all know James is going to knock down 85% whenever he gets to the line. It's free points. I hope they call fouls. It's something to watch for..

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

With the Rocket's opponents being in the penalty so early, games that James get 12-14 free throws could easily be games where he goes to the line 18-20 times. At 86%, that's 16-17 free points James could get just on the free throw line. And that will translate to other players too like Lin who shoots 80% and usually went to the line 5 time a game. That's why I don't think Howard missing a lot of free throws is going to hurt us as much as people think because we have Harden who gets to line almost as frequently and shoots 85%.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I hurt Orlando and the Lakers because they didn't have players that draw fouls as much as Harden can. Kobe is primarily a jump shooter and even with superstar calls he was still 150 free throw made behind Harden.

12. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

It's a superstar league but Howard and harden aren't lebron or Kobe. Doubt there will be much special treatment for them. But they shouldn't get shafted either.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Harden and Howard both shot more free throws that Kobe or Lebron and in James' case made more too. He lead the league in attempt. So that's not true.

14. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Fans always think the refs are making bad calls for their team. Fans of other teams probably feel the same with Harden getting all these calls. I think overall we can`t complain.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Y'all do realize we have James Harden, right?

Any perceived bad calls against are just karma for the bad calls we get in our favor for James.

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We will lead the league in FT attempts, so, we will be one of the teams favored by the refs this season.