1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reed Sheppard

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rokman, Apr 17, 2024.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

Keep in mind: FVV played 4 years of college and went undrafted. It's difficult to use a top-10 pick on an undersized guard.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. j@amc

j@amc Member

For this week's mock, Jonathan Wasserman (Bleacher Report) has the Rockets picking #4 and selecting Reed Sheppard. Seems pretty high.

Rokman, xtruroyaltyx and deb4rockets like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not if the pic is not only good at defense, but is the only first-round pick from college that has has shot over 50% from the 3 in over 35 years. That's too good to pass up to me, especially when we desperately need great 3 PT shooters. We already know Amen and Sengun aren't those guys, and Jalen is a big up and down shooter. Besides, he's 3 inches taller than Chris Paul, and an inch taller than Steph Curry. Some guys actually get taller after high school too. My brother grew 6 inches after HS.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

crazy Sheppard is a top 5 pick. Shows how weak this class is. He's 15-25 in most classes.

Rokman likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's crazy, but what do I know? I don't know how you can discount the best 3 PT shooter that's come along in years. Maybe if he was terrible at creating his own shots or playing great defense, but from everything I've read about him that's not an issue.

Rokman likes this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Really hard to tell how well he will transition to the NBA, and I have my doubts, but damn those shooting percentages are seductive!

No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That seductive 3 stroke and finish.