1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Redd still unsigned while T.C. begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Oct 1, 2002.

1. drpepper

drpepper Member

Training Camp begins tomorrow and Redd still remains unsigned. No other teams have made an offer and Redd might be willing to wait for something better. However, he is restricted, but he still would be a nice addition if you ask me.

I see him in the same light as Eddie. Both are young and full of potential, plus that game when he hit 8 3's in the forth still haunts me. He was also clutch another time sending his team to double-overtime against the Hornets. He's gonna be a stud in a few years. It would be awesome to have him and Eddie develop as our reserves pushing our starters and showing some flashes.

Well, I guess you can't have it all...

Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

I'm done.

2. magyuan

magyuan Member

yeah, i think he is a good player!!

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

With the Rockets payroll at ~ $49m and the Luxury Tax estimated to be between $51m-$54m, I don't look for the Rocks to offer the full MCE to anybody.

To paraphrase the line from the movie "Hoosiers" - this is your team and I expect you to accept them for who they are not who they are not. :)

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

5. HoustonTx

HoustonTx Member

Redd to the Mavs

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/home_display.asp

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Check farther down the article. The Clippers signed Wang to a 3 year offer sheet at 6 million. Will Dallas let Wang walk? How will it affect the Yao situation? I found that intriguing.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

You watched that on AMC last night didnt you?

Redd is good, but I can say we have alot of talent already, Im not so sure he would be happy with a limited role behind Cat

8. coke

coke Member

It is impressive to hear he hit 8 3's.....

9. drpepper

drpepper Member

I think Redd wanted fair market value and got it from who else, Cuban. I don't think he's looking to play alot of minutes because he's really a second year player. He was out all of his first year due to a knee injury.

I don't think him wanting more minutes was an issue because he signed to play behind Finley.

Coke,
    those impressive 8 3's came against us. I was comparing him to Eddie in that game and was comparing to see who was better. Then I realized we could have drafted him since we knew Shandon was on his way out.