1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Sox Change Their Uniform, Logo

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ryan17wagner, Dec 12, 2008.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If a bar owner not letting a goat into a tavern can doom the Cubs to a century of futility why take chances with the uniform.

;)

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Houston teams, much like the majority of it's people, aren't interested in the past - only the future. Always looking ahead and never looking back.

Sucks that we had to endure those GOD AWFUL angry dildo uniforms. The new ones are a little better, but I'd just assume have never changed them in the first place.

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

It seems to me that teams that keep with their traditional logos and uniforms do so because they have so many fans and constantly get an enormous amount of revenue from their products. One reason teams switch jerseys and logos is to boost sales of team merchandise. I doubt the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, or Lakers ever had problems selling their merchandise, so there was no need to change up the logo.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

As I recall, this is why the Rockets changed their unis in the first place. They had just won back to back championships and weren't moving merch like they thought they should. Believe it or not, people outside of Houston really weren't digging the Ketchup and Mustard. So they decided to change the unis. It didn't work for the better but that's the reason they did it.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Personally, I like these ones:

[​IMG]

I hate the pinstripes ones. I've never liked them. I like the brick red jerseys, and the all whites too.