1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Dead Redemption sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm torn between wanting to be an "honorable" outlaw and killing every person I see.

mrm32 likes this.
  2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've decided to have 2 saves one for each.

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's smart

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Finally made it to Chapter 2. If I wasnt so exhausted tonight I could see myself playing this game all through the night.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Played this a ton the past couple days and this game may be my favorite game of all time. (Sorry Skyrim). I'm like half way through chapter 2.

There's so much to do and the immersion is incredible. It really feels like you are part of the world and the NPC's aren't just mindless bots.

Also, I'm pretty bad at the duel thing. I don't understand how it works. It says slowly pull the trigger to fill up the bar but when do you know to full press it. I always slowly pull it but then the other character ends up shooting me first.

Some tips I've found so far.
    I noticed that 2 stores in 2 different cities(Valentine and Rhodes I think) had some shady stuff going on in the back. Rob the place + the shady stuff in the back and you get some good stuff early on. I only ended up at Rhodes because I was doing one of the "Outlaw" side missions and one was out there.

Don't forget to search through people's horses. I didn't realize that until someone's horse looked like mine and I tried to mount it and noticed "search saddle". But if you spooked the horse by killing the rider, you need to calm the horse down first before searching, otherwise it'll buck you in the face.
    [\Spoiler]

6. marky :)

I'm torn between this also. I usually play the "honorable" route when its people fighting against rival gangs. But if some random dude needs help in the woods, I help them then I rob them after. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FranchiseBlade and VooDooPope like this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I spent all day yesterday up by the lake trying to lure the White Arabian Stallion so I'd have a sweet horse without having to pay for it... then first thing this morning I got jumped and wasn't prepared and those SOB's stole my horse. Now I'm like F it. I'm killing everybody.

8. marky :)

I think the game could use a couple updates.

I hate having to re-do my load out whenever I dismount my horse. I'm still early in the game but when you start amassing a ton of weapons, it's going to get annoying shuffling through each slot every time you dismount. Should be whatever loadout I mounted the horse with is what I dismount with unless I change it.

Maybe a chest to store items at the camp site other than in your satchel/horse satchel.

weakfromtoday and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, that is far an away my biggest critique of the game.

Your weapons should be carried at all times. Change the inventory at your horse or the camp. You should never dismount with just a revolver.

The game is crazy immersive. Too realistic on occasion, a few more video game liberties might have helped IMO.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This happens in every game that gives me the choice. Depends on how I feel that session.

11. Beezy

Beezy Member

Got the white Arabian horse from near Lake Isabella. Well worth it.

Still on Chapter 2. Been spending my time exploring the map and hunting the legendary animals.

Really salty that I didn't get Billy Midnight's pistol (there was nothing to pickup or loot, I assumed he didn't have one).

12. marky :)

I forgot to copy the link to the reddit post, but apparently if you go to a gunsmith and select customize weapons. There's an equip option that will let you pick whatever gun you want to be on your shoulder or back. That apparently will let you dismount the horse with those equipped weapons. Haven't tried it out yet.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This damn game is getting me close to getting a console just for it. I did that with the PS3 (which I eventually got more games for, but initially it was only for GTA3)

I don't have a current gen console....when I game, it's on PC only. Trying to be patient and wait the few years to get the game on PC....if it's like GTA5.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The funny part of this game is how you can get attacked while in the saloon or even if someone starts shooting at you on the streets and then if you fight back you end up with a bounty on your head. It kind of reminds me of things going on right now on this board.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You can call someone's autistic child a r****d in this game? Man that IS immersive!

krnxsnoopy and Jugdish like this.
  16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm just going to leave this here... I can't confirm or deny if I have nearly $90,000 or not...

Also, this RDR2 tips and trick thread on Reddit is a must view -

tmoney1101, Blatz and marky :) like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've tried to be honorable as much as I possibly can and I still wound up with a -10% for honorability.

I've found the honorability and bounty system to be extremely frustrating. Accidently hit someone with the horse? Bounty and neg rep. Someones start a fight with you and you defend your self? Bounty and neg rep. My horse glitched and kicked a pole when I was getting off and I got charged with vandalism with a bounty. On your way to pay off the bounty? Get spotted by a cop and get a larger bounty for running away.
    I hope they patch these systems to make them fairer for the player.

Thank god for that gold glitch though, I did 45k's worth of gold selling and can afford to pay off the bounty's all day. Honestly just doing it once will probably keep you set for the entire game. I went out and bought everything I could and only went through 5k.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I would’ve never known like 90% of that.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I stopped at $75k. Way more than enough for this game.

Svpernaut likes this.
  20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Sounds like Skyrim nonsense.