1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Cross Immediate Assistance of $400

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Andre0087, Sep 11, 2017.

1. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yah going on 48 hours now with no response. An email saying they received the application would be nice at least.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

WHat do I have to put to get the 400. Saw three options.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Some people reflexively hate institutions or authority figures of any kind, although any non-profit large enough to have educated and experienced professional managers with training and exit options at commercial entities is going to have conflicting priorities between compensation, publicity, and direct action and service.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was somehow turned down for Red Cross assistance. I don't really understand how since I pretty much checked all the boxes as a flood victim.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting. I have heard a few people who go it . .. . esp during the first run through
    I heard you could do Paypal, Walmart to Walmart or some thing like Moneygram

Rocket River

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I got turned down too,
    Was really hoping to get approved..
    Anyone know if you can re apply?

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I was approved. Surprised to see some of you whose homes flooded out were denied. Strange.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I got approved in email and then got a text saying I was denied. This is a mess. If your home flooded and you can't stay there, why would they deny????

10. CometsWin

I got an approved email within a few hours. Picked my money up the next day. Now tonight I got a text saying I wasn't eligible. o_O

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. CallMeTheDream

Applied Thursday, got approved yesterday evening and got the payment through PayPal within a couple hours.

12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Did one for my mom a while back. Didn’t get approved. Then I did one using the same address under my name and got approved... wtf

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

You have to answer the questions a certain way to get approved. On the last one you have to say "yes" you need money for immediate expenses for sure.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I applied for my dad last week and was almost immediately denied likely because I said no to that last question. I ran into someone who worked at one of Harris County's disaster recovery programs who said to apply again and say Yes. Apparently, she says if you answer "no" to any questions your application is not even seen by anyone and automatically rejected.
    I applied again on Tuesday and received my email to pick up funds. I chose Walmart. This is probably a silly question but do they ask for ID to pick up the money or just require the Reference number? I'd rather not have to pick up my Dad because a Walmart isn't conveniently close to him.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My home flooded and I got denied.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

On my application, I checked Yes on all the boxes, but on the question about where I am now staying, I said I am staying at my own place, which is true -- I had to rent something for my family. I'm not staying at a shelter or with friends or in my damaged house. So, it could be they've administratively decided I don't need the help because I was willing to take on the expense of paying rent and a mortgage at the same time. Anyway, it's fine. That money probably should go to people less fortunate than me, like those folks on facebook bragging about how they stooped to committing fraud to get money they didn't deserve by lying to a storied disaster recovery nonprofit so they can upgrade their smartphone. I mean, if you would sell your self-respect that cheaply, you probably need the money.

ElPigto and justtxyank like this.
  17. CometsWin

We had to show ID.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I guess basically you have to answer yes to all the questions. Especially the one that you need immediate emergency assistance.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Red Cross is stuffing their own pockets with that money, not surprising they aren't giving it out.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They are giving it out, but it's meant for people forced out of their homes and relocated by the floods (meaning not back in your home) and with an immediate need for financial assistance. If you don't check yes to each question you aren't going to qualify.