1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommended Rockets Summer Reading: Keepin It Real by Larry Platt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Sep 16, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://januarymagazine.com/nonfiction/keepinit.html

I'm currrently reading this book and automatically would recommend it for Rockets fans. Its a book about the 1997-98 NBA Season through the interviews and stories of some of your favorite Rockets and Ex-Rockets and others:

Charles Barkley
    Matt Maloney
    Chris Webber
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Vernon Maxwell (haters can skip these chapters if it starts revealing that he's a charismatic dude, i hope any haters don't get a heart attack or high blood pressure either cause i care about you haters health)

for the curious fan, it just tells you about life as NBA players from scrubs like Maloney to super stars like Chuck. for the Rockets fan, it tells you about the legendary season of 97-98. For the old school non-haters, it tells you about how Maxwell was post Rockets, how he's still loved by Rudy T (yes haters) and John Lucas. Random stuff like how Max likes to eat at Whataburger after a night of clubbing in Htown.

A good read. I'll post some excerpts later on. I'll translate for you.

#1 tinman, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

3. tinman

Supporting Member

the book lets you read about Barkley's antics uncensored.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I keep forgetting about getting this one.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Its good reading, I like how women just throw themselves at the NBA players like they were Warren Moon footballs in the Run and Shoot.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

you mentioned haters too many times

7. tinman

Supporting Member

that's a chapter in the book
    [​IMG]

here's an excerpt about Matt Maloney
    [​IMG]

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Max tells how much he loves listening to Tupac and wishes he'd met him in real life, he said Pac's music connected with him. He notes that he loves that song "Dear Mama"