1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recent Additions: Getting an early start on 2018 Free Agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that bodes well for keeping Green , who I think would stay anyway , that dude is living a dream.

I don't think it keeps Wright or Johnson. I believe they are worth at or near MLE money on the open market. That's a lot of money to leave on the table.

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that bodes well for keeping Green , who I think would stay anyway , that dude is living a dream.

I don't think it keeps Wright or Johnson. I believe they are worth at or near MLE money on the open market. That's a lot of money to leave on the table.

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LOL @ Johnson being worth MLE money? We in 2013?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If the Rockets upset them this year, their legacy is forever tarnished. Asterisk for the Worriers will Most Beta Team ever.

GS Owners will probably send dumptrucks of Silicon Valley money to buy over Murray.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent post! Agree not responding to that person.

Also agree with your assessment with regards to our Vet min guys. LMAM is too important to this team and I would use the MLE on him. And like you said, feel Green would roll with the minimum with his Houston city loyalty. Joe has made a ton of money already and is in his golden years and I could see him sticking under the min. Wright, could be more difficult, but I think he senses this is a good spot for him. He could stick for another year in hopes of raising his stock which might be smart.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They might be worth it on the market, but that doesn't automatically mean they will leave. I think in particular, Joe Johnson might be content on this team. He has made so much money that at this point, playing for a championship caliber team in a role he is comfortable with might really be appealing to him.

Wright, is a different matter. Could be a close call. BUT, he could hang on for another year to raise his stock. A full year on this team catching lobs would really put him in a good position in the open market in 2019.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Nah. Clutchfans needs to get off lebrons tip. We dont need him.

We are winning the championship, maxing out cp3, resigning capela and not trading gordon.