1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason for Optimism?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He will drop, but he won't be playing man to man.

Zone to right flat. I do worry about his tackling in the open field but hey, I am sure the defense will be extremely confused when he drops.

Has Watt dropped back yet?

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Antonio Brown is a top 5 WR easily and Bell is running the hell out of the ball.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I see a loss to the Eagles and Bengals, and the Steelers as a toss up. I'm skeptical , though, as its a prime time game, and away.

I see this team losing 3 or 4 more games, which puts us at 9-7 or 10-6 and on the verge of the playoffs, which is exactly what I envisioned.

It's probably exactly what the entire front office hoped for, to be honest.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the case for most if not all pass rushing OLB's in the 3-4 though. Saying it's "out of position" is a bit of a stretch because while the duties of a pass rushing 3-4 OLB are slightly different than that of a 4-3 DE, they aren't THAT different. Also, you're assuming that the defense would either play into what the offense wanted them to do and wouldn't make adjustments of their own. They aren't putting Clowney in coverage more than maybe 1 or 2 times per game.

5. tmacfor35

Running the hell out of the ball is a stretch.

Against good defenses he still hasn't gone over 100.

Foster is running the hell out of the ball as he has eclipsed 100 every game that he has been remotely healthy.

That's what running the hell out of the ball looks like. He owns Pittsburgh too.

6. tmacfor35

I think you could argue that the Eagles are playing over there head right now.

The Bengals game is a loss. But even then, Foster seems to have there number which could make the game interesting. AJ Green's health is also a big issue.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I see losses against:

Bengals
    Ravens
    Colts
    Eagles

I'm not sure about:

Cleveland
    Pittsburgh

And I wouldn't be surprised if we did something less than sweep the Jags and Titans...but I'm assuming we will.

I said 6 wins before the season started...I think it's going to be 7.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm right there with you, I see 9 wins personally, but if they can beat the Eagles they could make it 10 and 10 gets you in.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

7 wins sounds about right.

3 critical tossups left.

Titans are a bad team, but their defense is OK. Could lay an egg there.

Probably gonna have to hit 10 wins to grab a wildcard. Hard to see it happening.

10. Win

Win Contributing Member

I'm thinking a 500% win season at best, thus far. For all the mis-cues, I get the feeling the Texans are actually performing above their talent level. B'Ob can take credit for that; and of course, an out of his mind Watt! We would be lost without him.

I hope you guys who think Clowney playing will make a huge difference are correct. For sure, if he comes back as originally advertised he should. It's hard not to have nagging doubts. Alas, I'm looking forward to the mayhem if he can stay upright.

As for the Fitz bashers; the guy was always supposed to be a stop-gap measure until a viable candidate came along. I'm in favor of the Texans approach on this one. Why throw all your eggs in a basket you are not convinced is the best choice? Especially when the team has yet to get all the other pieces in place. While frustrating for sure, I expect said approach to pay off in the following years. And yeah, I kinda like Fitz so far, considering.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What does that Viable Candidate look like?

I think some coaching MisQues along with Player Miscues
    have more to do with losses than 'talent'

Rocket River

12. tmacfor35

Tampa beat Pittsburgh. Keep that in mind right now.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

The other Johnson, Damaris seems to catch everything thrown his way and runs good routes with speed.
    Texans need to get the ball into his hands a couple more times a game too - he looks like he could bust one any time.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For those who were talking up the Steelers, they are currently getting beaten easily by the Browns....

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They should beat the Steelers, and win 4 games in the gimmies vs the Jags and t***.

Steelers are not a good team at all. They lost to a Bucs team that is probably one of the worst in the league.

That's at least 8 wins

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well Bridgewater's not doing so good: 7/13 for 54 yards and 2 INT's so far

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not every team is as bad defensively as the Saints, it was to be expected when going against a quality opponent. If Bush and Johnson were in the game, it would be a blowout already.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Bridgewater 3 interceptions and a fumble damn

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, and he's been in Captain Checkdown mode averaging only 4.2 yards per attempt, that makes it an even worse performance.