1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reality] Harden will lose MVP to Giannis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 5, 2019.

1. alethios

alethios Member

I hope they get bounced in the first round again - how fitting would that be to the media's Giannis-loving narrative.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if the brick freak gets it i hope harden takes his last year trophy and throw it into garbage can in front of cameras

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hope that it's Rockets/Bucks finals and Harden takes huge **** on the Bucks.

snowconeman22 and alethios like this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Overall who cares. Yeah it would be cool if Harden won it again, but at the end of the day, it isn't as if Giannis doesn't have a strong case.
    I just hope we can make some reason noise and hopefully come out of the west...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

If he did that and still didn't give Harden the MVP on a silver platter, I'd seriously stop watching all reg season games. F that.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He doesnt owe you chips

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. Voters are looking for any excuse to select Giannis over Harden. His 52-point game wasn't good enough because it came in a loss. But last night, he made plays at both ends to pull out the come-from-behind win. For them, it's case closed.

RichieBanks, J Sizzle and justtxyank like this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Personally, I think it's been decided that Giannis is going to win. But media voters are suckers for the moments... the Rockets would need that OKC game and Harden would need to go for 50 to get some attention again.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

For sure I can already see the cases for those other guys

If the lakers are decent again , lebron is automatically gonna get like 25% . If kd moves on from GS and has a 30+ point year and his team wins 50+ games he will be a strong contributor .

Harden could average 29/8/8 again next year and we could win 60+ games , but all of a sudden a 34 year old CP3 will be considered too much help .

Harden just needs to win rings at this point . That will be the only thing that stands the rest of time and hateed

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

NBA MVP Top Contenders at BetOnline
    Player 2019 NBA MVP Odds at BetOnline
    Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks) -200
    James Harden (Rockets) +150
    *Odds taken on 04/01/19

M.F. travesty. Or get on that line and make some money. Your call.

joshuaao and Crashlanded19 like this.
  11. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Personally I believe that the only reason that Harden won’t get this years MVP is that there are currently idiots out there who don’t like back to back MVPs !!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Handles

Handles Member

I hope Durant leaves GS. I'd be excited to watch what he can do as the clear-cut leader. He very well might be in that MVP conversation next year.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Preferably wearing PJ Tucker's "MVP ->" t-shirt and chucking it in the trash can to his left. Stage this, pleasssssssssse. Put this trophy and 85% of CF threads since 2015 out of our misery.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Rachel Nichols and ESPN defending their comments about fair commentary on Giannis and Harden i.e. equal treatment is straight-up laughable and SUUUUUUUPER disingenuous. Giannis gets the unguardable moniker after 1 sub-stellar game and Harden gets 4 dedicated segments on ESPN featuring all-time defensive greats to breakdown how to guard Harden. Since then, Harden's dropped 50 and 60-burgers like it's charity. Equal treatment is a joke when it comes to their coverage. "We talk about him a lot on this show!"....... as you should! Give Giannis Harden's current season statline, and every single one of them would hail him as the greatest challenge to MJ for GOAT. Harden single handedly makes them look like fools... Exhibit A: Sauces slipping up with the "greatest player today". Nichols is doing her best Brian Stelter impersonation.

15. thekad

thekad Member

This is so silly but so true.

And it’s unfortunately making us root against Giannis and the Bucks. At least Westbrook and the Thunder really did deserve our ire - and still do.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Mvp trophy is a personal accolade. Who the F cares at this point? That Championship... that's for everyone... finals mvp.. that's what he should be gunning for..

thedreamsteam likes this.
  17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

4th time in 5 years Harden will finish first or second in MVP voting.

18. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Hopefully, it has been decided that the Rockets will win the championship this year. :p

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mvp is about $ for the league
    nba finals are about $$$$$ for the league

no soup for us.

tycoonchip likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Reality
    [​IMG]

Roc Paint and thedreamsteam like this.