1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Realgm]Interview with Donatas Montiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seven, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/215158/RealGM_Interview_Donatas_Motiejunas

1 person likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds like a fairly down to earth guy. I like the fact that Scola is his idol and he's eager to learn from Scola and McHale. I'll reserve judgment until I see him play half a season for the Rockets.

3. napalm06

^ I guess this thread wasn't controversial enough to generate much feedback. :p

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

D-Mo should start, along with Morris.

Time for a youth movement.

5. valorita

valorita Member

Our team has an ideal mentor system:

Scola -> DMo
    Hayes -> 2Pat
    Lowry -> Morris
    Bud -> Parsons
    Martin -> Lee

We need to get some Mr Miyagis for TWil, Flynn, Thabs, Hill, Dragic,
    Suggestions

Mutombo -> Thabs
    Murphy -> Flynn
    Drexler -> TWil
    Thorpe -> Hill
    Send Dragic to Ginobli's camp

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Duh, don't you know, if its not negative, clutchfans doesn't care. :cool:

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

In what way is Lowry a good mentor for Morris, is Morris suddenly starting to play point guard? En why would Martine be a good mentor for Lee, their game is nothing a like.

8. Defy9

Defy9 Member

My sentiments exactly...I think you're trying to see something that really isn't there.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Being a mentor in sports goes beyond teaching them about a position. Lowry is mature beyond his years, and understands the game better than most players. What he can instill in the younger guys is not to take the game for granted, since he was on the bench for a few years before having his opportunity, among other things.

10. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Morris and Lowry are both Philly guys.

Plus, Lowry said something along those lines in that radio interview posted about 2-3 days back

11. fattz

fattz Member

Motiejunas: I had an angina surgery last season and it really affected my preparation for the training camp. I wasn’t able to demonstrate my real game and play at full strength. It really affected my performance last year and I just wasn’t ready. This year it’s a different story; I feel different.

I would like to know the severity of his heart difference though I know it really does not matter. He has a NEW FAN in me Rocket or not.
    -One should "feel different" with porper blood flow.

GO Rockets!!

Give time, time

I do not know how to make the spoiler box but here is quick read on Angina...

What causes angina pectoris and who is at risk?

Angina is the result of coronary artery disease, which is the main cause of death in the western world. Hard deposits (known by doctor as �atheromatous plaques�) line the inside of the arteries in the heart, the coronary arteries, narrowing them. This reduces the amount of blood that can flow through them and thus the amount of oxygen delivered to the heart tissue.

The risk factors for coronary artery disease are both inherited and due to lifestyle. Genetic predisposing factors include being male, having high blood pressure and having a family history of coronary artery disease. Risks due to lifestyle include smoking, high fat intake with high blood cholesterol levels and obesity.

An increased blood flow to the heart is needed in many instances, such as during exercise, sex or stressful or emotional situations. In such situations the narrowed coronary arteries cannot deliver enough blood to the heart to cope with the increased demand for oxygen. This is �stable� angina.

�Unstable� angina is so-called because it can strike at any time even when resting. It can be caused by the formation of a blood clot (thrombus) within a coronary artery or by spasmodic contraction of the artery, further compromising the blood supply to the heart. This type of angina, although less common than stable angina, is very serious and needs urgent treatment at hospital.

12. napalm06

Interesting. I wasn't familiar with angina issues. Thanks fattz.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OMG MOREY DRAFTED DEFECTIVE HEART PLAYER WHO IS GONNA DIE!

14. fattz

fattz Member

I can't tell if you are serious or not, but it really doesn't matter. The fact he can compete at this level is amazing and makes him a hero, IMO. He is inspirational to those with heart differences.

GO ROCKETS!!

Give time, time

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Clutchfans: 1996 thru 2011

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I agree, but why did he than choose a mentor for all the other players who do play teh same position. And couldn't he just have said that we have great mentors in Scola, Hayes and lowry?

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nothing to worry about. T-Mac played with an angina for years and it never affec-- oh, wait. That was a VAGINA. Never mind.